Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A year now since my Lady Friend passed..........

Default A year now since my Lady Friend passed..........

As of yesterday it has been a year now since my lady friend passed..and I miss her.

I am surviving ok....but at a reduced level.

I see someone on occasion but not regularly.

It was a bit of a shock to learn that I have been off the marketplace ..so to speak... for so long with my Lady Friend...that I became unaware of how said marketplace has changed..it's character.

It would seem that the male today is not the so called...."Hunter Gatherer" of fame, legend, and history. It has become apparent that many of the females out there are as aggressive a bunch of hunter gatherers as are the males.
    They may use different tools ..but make no mistake...they are hunting and gathering....today and aggressively...many of them.

I was not prepared for this.

As humorous as this many initially seem....I post this as a note of survival caution to the males out here should you find yourselves in such an position.

Be Warned....

I miss her....her comfort...safety....Peace.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom

[QUOTE=orangetom1999;773545]As of yesterday it has been a year now since my lady friend passed..and I miss her.

I am surviving ok....but at a reduced level.

I see someone on occasion but not regularly.

It was a bit of a shock to learn that I have been off the marketplace ..so to speak... for so long with my Lady Friend...that I became unaware of how said marketplace has changed..it's character.

It would seem that the male today is not the so called...."Hunter Gatherer" of fame, legend, and history. It has become apparent that many of the females out there are as aggressive a bunch of hunter gatherers as are the males.
    They may use different tools ..but make no mistake...they are hunting and gathering....today and aggressively...many of them.

I was not prepared for this.

As humorous as this many initially seem....I post this as a note of survival caution to the males out here should you find yourselves in such an position.

Be Warned....

I miss her....her comfort...safety....Peace.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom[/

We share a lot I common there, OT. The 18th of this month will mark eleven months since my Sandy died. I, too, have begun to be able to move forward. But its a long, slow process.

I still haven't taken my wedding ring off, and have no intentions of ever doing so. Personally, I just have no interest in even looking for anyone else. But that's just me. My heart is still just so filled with my love for her there just no room for anyone else, and not likely ever will be. My two daughters and my grand children keep me going, and that's more than sufficient for me. My girls have both told me that if I should find someone else they would quickly give their blessings. Its just that I really don't want to. I can't say I'm content without my Sandy, but I'm satisfied with my life. Again, just my personal perspective for myself.

Glad to hear you're doing ok, OT. You've been in my prayers and thoughts constantly. We just have to continue the journey one step at a time.

Amen...Brother....Amen..

May the God of our Fathers watch over you and your house.

Orangetom

Prayers to both of you.

Thank you bambam....much appreciated...

Orangetom

At our ages,, me personally, If I had to go through it again, I'll remain single from here on out. I have no desire to seek companionship if something ever happened to my hubby.
    I've been through it twice but at a younger age, so I fully understand what you guys are dealing with, from a woman's POV though.

It's a tough road and the status quo changes brutally. Nights are the hardest, even after years, but I was lucky when I met my hubby now. He's been a god send.

My previous hubby passed away 22 years ago and I still get a twinge in my chest from time to time. My life definately changed. I'm not the same person. You guys will change too. Your thought process becomes more defined, you're less apt to be cordial toward others. My biggest change has been not being around people much and definately not crowds. Everyone has a story to tell but I just don't care to hear it anymore. I'm not very sociable like I used to be, if you know what I mean.

You guys will go through a lot for years to come. I guess it's just the nature of the beast. You're both very lucky to have family to lean on when you need to.

I remember even months after John died, I just wanted to be alone. Totally alone for months. I didn't care what I was doing. Shopping, going somewhere.. It didn't matter. I just wanted to be by myself. I met my hubby now by sheer accident. I think God and John both intervened because it pulled me out of my reclusive atmosphere.

My family kept trying to subliminally talk me out of suicide. That never crossed my mind and I tried to tell them, but they wouldn't listen. It drove me nuts that I had to keep defending non-actions.

Men, I think, deal with losing a spouse differently than women, or at least this woman. I became very angry. Mostly toward other people, but definately not God. Johns death actually drew me closer to God than I ever throught possible.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. It still affects me to talk about it... Carry on.

God bless you both! <3
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 02-06-2020 at 06:06 PM.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

I was single for a couple months, didn't care for it.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Wow Beo and OT, I haven't realized it's been a year already.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

My prayers for you all OT, BEO, Cammi. Losing someone that close to you has to be devestating. I don't see myself ever getting with anyone should ever happen to my wife. Been together 35 years, don't care to bother if it ever came to that.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Gentlemen,

Not everyone is meant to move on, into a new relationship. 12 months is a while. But is it long enough to get over your grief? I have seen many that got remarried very quickly. Others who never get over it no matter how long.

The new "game" for single men isn't quite right...The generational of women being venturous is over for many.... Many women are as some say many have been riding the "cock carousel"...I hate to say it. But to many people are lacking in the type of virtue that you probably remember from before you married.

I wish you all the best, and hope you get what your looking for, with G-D's speed.