Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surgery went very well today

Default Surgery went very well today

Just to let all of you know my hernia surgery went very well today. They rolled me into surgery about 8:00 AM or a little after, and I was done and home by 1:00 PM. Just a little sore, but not much, and very little pain. I've been up and moving around the house very easily all afternoon. Now, just got to take it easy for a few weeks and let it heal completely. Then, LOOK OUT WORLD! "Wolfman" is out on the howl and prowl again. Liberals beware. OWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Congrats and welcome to the club! I had mine done in 1983.

Take it easy, don't rush recovery. You'll do fine.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Had mine done in 1971.........right side groin area........my son had his done when he was 16....same area......bad genes I guess.

Hospital stays are much more entertaining with a rubber tipped dart gun and surly nurses with large rears.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Hospital stays are much more entertaining with a rubber tipped dart gun and surly nurses with large rears.
    Didn't have to stay in hospital. It was same day surgery, had done that morning and back home in afternoon. Gonna take it easy for a while, though. Got two blow guns I can "shoot" across the living room into a cardboard box I filled with Wally World plastic bags. Also a two hour DVD on flint knapping I'm planning on watching a few times. Part of my prepping. Also working on a self bow from a piece of dogwood I have that has been seasoning for a couple of years.

Glad to hear!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Glad it went well Beo and that your back home. Sounds like you've got a plan for getting healed up. Praying that goes well and quickly for you.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Didn't have to stay in hospital. It was same day surgery, had done that morning and back home in afternoon. Gonna take it easy for a while, though. Got two blow guns I can "shoot" across the living room into a cardboard box I filled with Wally World plastic bags. Also a two hour DVD on flint knapping I'm planning on watching a few times. Part of my prepping. Also working on a self bow from a piece of dogwood I have that has been seasoning for a couple of years.
    Excellent plans! Enjoy the downtime!

Centex - my dad had 'em too. One of those things I guess. Glad it's not the only thing I inherited, he was quite a guy.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Congrats! Hope the bill isn't too shocking .....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    Congrats! Hope the bill isn't too shocking .....
    Nah, being an "old coot" and retired Air Force, Medicaid and Tricare for life takes care of bill.