Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2019 novel corona virus

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

They are idiots to expose our military personnel to the virus, they should move them to the sidewalks of sanctuary cities or sanctuary states, cure two problems in one !!
    =
    Make America under God Again
    *Putting*America*Back*Together*

they definitely need to prep quarantine spots around the country - keep it US military vs civilian CDC/FEMA type ops - I'd rather see bases used that have their own on-base airfield - like is currently standard ops in CA for incoming China evacs ...

if the US would go critical - like China - I can see alternative ways & means instead of these military locations >>> can't see possibly compromising critical military locations and 1,000s of personnel ....

So the "camps" begin..... This along with RED FLAG LAWS spreading like wildfire.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    Why Is The Government Turning 11 Military Bases Inside The United States Into Quarantine Camps?

The Department of Defense has released a statement about this new program, and in that statement the 11 military bases were specifically identified…

JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI (HNL)
    Great Lakes Training Center Navy Base, IL (ORD)
    Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, TX (DFW)
    March ARB, CA (LAX)
    Travis AFB, CA (SFO)
    Dobbins ARB, GA (ATL)
    Fort Hamilton, NY (JFK)
    Naval Base Kitsap, WA (SEA)
    Joint Base Anacostia, DC (IAD)
    Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ (EWR)
    Fort Custer Training Center (DTW)

Hopefully not all of those facilities will be needed, but things are certainly looking more grim with each passing day.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...arantine-camps
    Well I am glad at least that someone is thinking ahead that something like this might be needed.

We already have problems with homeless people with drug-resistant TB. They turn up at a free clinic with a cough... Dr diagnoses DRTB, arrangements are made, put the individual in a hotel, free of charge... give them meds, free of charge... meals delivered... free of charge. Only request - stay inside, don't go anywhere. Two days later they follow up... room's empty, guy's in the wind, never heard from again. Out there somewhere "spreading" a token of his infection.

Forced quarantine is a version of "People don't do what you EX-pect, they do what you IN-spect."

We have plenty of low IQ people who think quarantine means "except for work", "except to run out for groceries" etc who will break quarantine and go spread the love and joy they are hacking up in bloody phlegm. At work. At the grocery store. I'm glad that this bit of reality is getting through and that someone is prepared to do something to stop the few imbeciles out there from taking a serious 5% population infected, and turning it into a raging 75% population infected.

Involuntary quarantine is one of the ugly but unavoidable truths that us freedom-loving types hate to admit is grudgingly necessary. You can't let a tiny minority who won't cooperate put our friends, family and the rest of us at risk of serious illness and death. I hate that idea, hate it with a passion. Yet I don't have a better answer and anyone honest will have to admit there really isn't one.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Sam Parker twitter feed about the virus;

https://twitter.com/SamParkerSenate/...11942354042880

Resources as promised:

Successful treatment of adult respiratory distress syndrome by histamine and prostaglandin blockade in a porcine Pseudomonas model.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3112984/

Inhibition of cytokine secretion from human leukemic mast cells and basophils by H1- and H2-receptor antagonists.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10772385/

Histamine H1-receptor antagonists with immunomodulating activities: potential use for modulating T helper type 1 (Th1)/Th2 cytokine imbalance and inflammatory responses in allergic diseases
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2710589/

The possible roles of solar ultraviolet-B radiation and vitamin D in reducing case-fatality rates from the 1918–1919 influenza pandemic in the United States
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2835877/

I don't have the depth of medical background I feel is necessary to say I completely understand what's being said in these articles - probably few of us do. However there may be clues here to finding paths to better outcomes. It's safe to say we'd all appreciate a qualified practitioner's opinon on the takeaway from them, in layman's terms of course.

The object here, I believe, is not necessarily to avoid becoming ill at all, but rather to keep the illness from progressing to the "cytokine storm" stage that produces life-threatening complications.

I saw one poster online recommending this:
    You need to go to the store and buy one of these:
    Pepcid, Tagamet, Adix, or Zantac.
    Buy enough for you, and whoever you want to save, enough last 2 weeks.
    This covers your H2 antagonist drug.

Buy enough Prilosec, Prevacid. or Nexium to do the same as above.
    This covers the PPI Drugs. (Proton Pump Inhibitors)

Lastly, I'd buy a big bottle of benadryl or generic benadryl aka... diphenhydramine.
    This covers your need for a H1 antagonist.

You know what benadryl does. But the H2 drugs work in the same way except on different histamines. The PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitor) stops monocytes from going into overdrive. (Monocytes = White Blood Cells)

The Coronavirus hits in a similar way to the flu. As it is a "Novel Virus" meaning the body has never seen anything like this... the body goes nuts, to the point that your own immune system kills you in something called a Cytokine Storm.

This is very similar to a "Peanut Allergy", in that it's the bodies response that damages the person not the peanuts.

When to start this "therapy"? No need to take anything in advance. But at the first sign of "flu like symptoms" I'd start therapy. Take it as directed on the box.
    I'm not a doctor and my guess is, neither is this person... so do not take it as medical advice. It's simply provided here as food for thought in conjunction with the previously listed articles. These are common, over-the-counter medications readily available to everyone (for the moment). Even if one is questioning whether or not they'd actually use them, it might be wise to acquire a modest supply of them now - just in case.

This weekend I acquired Tagamet, Nexium, and Benadryl (all available in generic) along with upping our stock of generic ibuprofen (Motrin/Advil). I've also acquired a couple of extra bottles of vitamin D. Vitamin D in this context is different than the others... it is important to take it well ahead of time on a regular basis to build up a significant level. Waiting until you are infected is not the optimal time to try to build up your system reserves. Consult your doctor or medical references for optimal dosage. But if you are not taking it now... well, you can't start any younger, can you? In laymans terms (and probably a poor representation on technical merits, though broadly analogous) is that the Vitamin D helps your immune system to target the infection with "smart bombs" rather than carpet bombing and leaving scorched earth (your organ damage) in it's wake.

I don't know that I'll follow the advice given in the quoted post, but there are three things I'm fairly certain of:
    1 - As the situation progresses, doctors and researchers will have a better idea of what to do or not do to improve outcomes
    2 - A lot of pharmaceuticals (both ingredients and finished products ready for market) are manufactured in China. As output declines or ceases, and export does likewise, we may have problems with price or availability (or both) for some or all of these products.
    3 - it would certainly be a shame to have the medical establishment come out and publicly announce "eureka! coronavirus death prevented with simple cocktail of common meds"... and then not be able to lay hands on those "common" meds for love nor money.

It cost me about $30 to acquire these in generic formulation from my local Costco. That's an inexpensive investment and gives me peace of mind that we at least have them on hand in case their use is later advised by the medical profession. Is there any guarantee that this is a sure-fire answer? No. It's based in documented research, but as far as it's use in this exact situation, it's still speculative. But I'm doing what I can with what I got here, and I wouldn't feel right about being unwilling to gamble $30 on the possibility of a better outcome. If anyone has a better answer, or just a different one, I welcome hearing it.

Disclaimer: always consult YOUR doctor before beginning any course of treatment.
    Last edited by bruss01; 02-11-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Sam Parker twitter feed about the virus;

https://twitter.com/SamParkerSenate/...11942354042880
    Bam, that's some crazy stuff there. Huge amount of material, seemingly well put-together. Some really jaw-dropping vids too. Example:

https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/1...oBrei6GB9m9I1M

Quote Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
    Well I am glad at least that someone is thinking ahead that something like this might be needed.

We already have problems with homeless people with drug-resistant TB. They turn up at a free clinic with a cough... Dr diagnoses DRTB, arrangements are made, put the individual in a hotel, free of charge... give them meds, free of charge... meals delivered... free of charge. Only request - stay inside, don't go anywhere. Two days later they follow up... room's empty, guy's in the wind, never heard from again. Out there somewhere "spreading" a token of his infection.

Forced quarantine is a version of "People don't do what you EX-pect, they do what you IN-spect."

We have plenty of low IQ people who think quarantine means "except for work", "except to run out for groceries" etc who will break quarantine and go spread the love and joy they are hacking up in bloody phlegm. At work. At the grocery store. I'm glad that this bit of reality is getting through and that someone is prepared to do something to stop the few imbeciles out there from taking a serious 5% population infected, and turning it into a raging 75% population infected.

Involuntary quarantine is one of the ugly but unavoidable truths that us freedom-loving types hate to admit is grudgingly necessary. You can't let a tiny minority who won't cooperate put our friends, family and the rest of us at risk of serious illness and death. I hate that idea, hate it with a passion. Yet I don't have a better answer and anyone honest will have to admit there really isn't one.

if the US allowed any of those 100s of China evac people go self-quarantine instead of military base hold >>> I'd bet you'd see deliveries being made to the home - shopping trips - restaurants ect ect >>>> Americans couldn't be trusted - some wouldn't last a day without violations ....

Quote Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
    Bam, that's some crazy stuff there. Huge amount of material, seemingly well put-together. Some really jaw-dropping vids too. Example:

https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/1...oBrei6GB9m9I1M
    Seems like he did his homework , but we may never know the whole truth about what is really happening in China.

Thanks for your post too, I studied the immune system in college but have forgotten a lot over the last 30 years, a lot of it makes sense though.

I have been to the State Hospital where the Drug resistant TB is. The folks with this are under Quarantine. I live in an area where we have a high rate of Native Tribes and they are super susceptible to TB.

Chicago has a Quarantine Hospital, so does Louisianan...Hawaii one of the islands there has a leper colony....\

If your looking for PUBMED research...Look up Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS). (MODS) Multi Organ Dysfunction Syndrome...

IF you have inflammation with respiratory the Treatment is typically Steroids. Then you will need something for the actual bug/virus..