Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2019 novel corona virus

bruss, I just got back from my local DG and spent roughly $70. I picked up two bottles of Vitamin D3 a little research told me D3 is what is in our body and derived from animals vs Vitamin D which is derived from plants. Most stores are pulling zantac so I really had to look for an alternative. I keep a good supply of ibuprofen but got more anyway and a couple bottles of Aleve generic, someone here posted about Aleve countering the flu. Thank you for this information!

Today I also done something I would usually never do and gave each of my crew a $100 bill and told them to stock up on a couple cases of water and extra non perishables can goods etc. A couple of them know me pretty good and one looked at me like I was crazy, my reasoning to them was it was an investment in them for me....
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I ended up getting 50 tablets of 20mg Famotidine generic of Pepcid and 28 tablets of 20mg Esomeprazole generic of Nexium. The famotidine was only $3.50 for 25 and the esomeprazole was $12 for 28. Maybe this will save someone a little time looking.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

ABC 20/20 TV news show (8Pm CST) is covering The Virus tonite >>> hard telling what the MSM bastards will put up for info

Good for you Flock! You are correct, you want the D3 (I should have mentioned this but didn't). The other type (D2) is different and not as effective. I have been taking 5000iu x 4 (20,000iu) per day to build up my reserves, in the form of four 125 mcg gel caps.

The vitamin D is a HUGE boost to your ability to fend off and recover from infections including respiratory illness.

Here's a pulmonologist (lung doctor) going into a fair amount of detail on the studies supporting this, and a bit about how it works. This is solid science.

Last edited by bruss01; 03-08-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I've seen people talking about taking liposomal vit C. Thoughts?
    I've seen that too, and it's been recommended by someone who says it really helped them get over a bug recently.

We are taking regular vitamin C daily, but apparently if you try to take regular vitamin C in too high a dose orally it can upset the digestive tract. The liposomal product apparently avoids that unpleasantness.

We ordered some of this for treatment when symptoms start:

https://www.amazon.com/Lypo-Spheric-.../dp/B0089EYWEE
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Just remember folks

https://youtu.be/PBFlHKUohMI

already 15 days after total lockdown. groceries stores had occassionally replenish some items but all disinfectants are out of stock. luckily, filipinos dont need toilet paer to wipe their assess.
    burglary, home invasion is silently creeping. i was nearly victimize 2 sundays ago of home invasion at 9:30pm while we are having dinner. the intruder attenpted to gain entry thru thirdfloor roofdeck. but he was delayed because i have concertina wires on top of steel matting fence. i confronted the intruder all in black with mask but i hesitate to shoot him with my benilli shotgun as I was afraid to hit my neighbors. the guy simply run away jumping from one roof to another like spider man. I was shocked to discover next day a black backpack at the roof of the house nextdoor. it contain 3 set of kitchen knives, duct tape, pliers, bolt cutter, garbage bags, electrical wires, and 2 pistol ( 45 cal and 38 revolver all paltik or made in danao cebu city).
    since then, although There is 8pm curfew I hardly slept at night. I am on look out till 4am despite the fact that I already installed a sensor alarm and cctv at the roof and third floor open deck

I think I had the virus but was not tested. I began to run a fever on March 21st. It was 99.9 and my chest felt tight. It was hard to breathe. I called my MD. They told me to go to urgent care. Instead I called Urgent Care and told them I had a fever. They said it wasn't high enough to test me but if I came in they would check me out. I decided against it and took matters into my own hands. (I had pneumonia as a child and an old time doctor told my mother that nothing would cure it except walking out in the fresh air in good weather. Needless to say it worked, I am here.) I began taking 2 hour walks weather permitting. I used Primatene Mist when I couldn't breathe. I poured 1/4 cup of salt into a pale of cold water and ran hot shower water on it. I inhaled the steam (2 - 3x a day). I drank a lot of mullein tea (I pick fresh mullein). I ate zinc cough drops. I continued on my healthy diet of mostly organic foods and eggs. I took Mucinex though it didn't seem to help much. I took Nyquil at night. I smeared Vicks Vapor Rub on my chest and around my nose at night. I routinely eat 1 radish and 1 hearty garlic pickle at night. I continued that as well. The fever lasted 3 days. I coughed up green mucus with a bit of blood. I felt like a million bucks. Then it happened again. I repeated the above. I didn't run a fever again, oddly enough, but again after about 3 days I coughed up more junk. I am feeling OK as of right now. This is not medical advice but I wanted to share with you my ordeal. I am spending a lot of time in our local woods as long as the weather is nice. I only go out to walk the dog when it rains.

I have been a prepper for a long time. It has been a tremendous help as the shelves empty here. I found a local source for fresh eggs. (I have a lot of powdered eggs in my pantry but prefer fresh) I go to a private house to get them. I am avoiding stores as much as possible.

I hope you all stay well!

It hadn't occurred to me until yesterday when my daughter and I were discussing it, but I think I may have had a mild case of Covid-19. That upper respiratory infection I had the end of February caused by, according to the doc, an "unspecified" virus, and then less than a week later I was diagnosed with pneumonia. I had a cough, short of breath and a fever that went as high as 102+. I'm fine now having recovered completely. Just seems a bit suspect to me and does cause me to wonder somewhat. However, my girl's were here every evening while I was sick, and they're okay.
    Last edited by beowulf; 03-29-2020 at 09:05 PM.

It sure sounds like the Covid -19 virus Beowulf. It is a good thing you survived it!

I forgot to mention all of the prayer that went with everything I was doing. I kept reciting Psalm 23. It is one of my favorite Psalms.