Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Visions of a Garden

You and I are in somewhat of the same boat, beo. I haven't set my surgery date yet, but it won't be too far behind you. I have to have another section of my intestine removed.

At our age, we don't bounce back as fast, so take it easy but you still need to move around, walk etc....
    When I had a section removed and a tumor removed from my bladder when I was 41, I bounced back fast. I was riding my horses the week after. Those were the day! 😏
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Prayer going up for you as well Cammi. for a fast recovery.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Thanks BP. Hey, we're old but we're tough old birds...
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Many thanks, BP. Well wishes are most deeply appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    You and I are in somewhat of the same boat, beo. I haven't set my surgery date yet, but it won't be too far behind you. I have to have another section of my intestine removed.

At our age, we don't bounce back as fast, so take it easy but you still need to move around, walk etc....
    When I had a section removed and a tumor removed from my bladder when I was 41, I bounced back fast. I was riding my horses the week after. Those were the day! 😏
    Many prayers and well wishes for Cammi. Yeah, those were the days, indeed! Ah, youth...such a fleeting thing. I don't think of myself as old, just well experienced. (Chuckle) Age is really just a state of ,mind...until the aches and pains start to set in where they never were before. But, as you noted, we're tough old birds. Developed lot of callouses negotiating all the bumps along life's road. Yep! We'll definitely bounce back.

I was just thinking, (uh, oh! that can be dangerous!), I do have some things I can do to pass the time while recovering. I have a little blow gun I can sit in my easy chair and shoot darts into a cardboard box across the living room. Also, my air rifles I can sit and shoot off the back porch. No strain at all in pumping them up. And, I have a little light weight bow, 30 pounds draw, I can shoot down the hall way into a cardboard box stuffed with Wally World plastic bags. AND, I love to read. So maybe I won't go insane after all; well, at least no more than I already am...which some say is pretty far down that road now. (Hee, hee)

Prayers sent to you both, Beo and Cammie.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I was just thinking, (uh, oh! that can be dangerous!), I do have some things I can do to pass the time while recovering. I have a little blow gun I can sit in my easy chair and shoot darts into a cardboard box across the living room. Also, my air rifles I can sit and shoot off the back porch. No strain at all in pumping them up. And, I have a little light weight bow, 30 pounds draw, I can shoot down the hall way into a cardboard box stuffed with Wally World plastic bags. AND, I love to read. So maybe I won't go insane after all; well, at least no more than I already am...which some say is pretty far down that road now. (Hee, hee)
    Shoot Beo, don't sound like much will be different. Maybe just a little lighter weight is all.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    Shoot Beo, don't sound like much will be different. Maybe just a little lighter weight is all.
    Yeah, I won't be up to any a$$whuppin for a couple of months, so the demitards will get that much of a respite. Then, back to the usual.

Have you heard of a Chicken Tractor? I don't have any chickens right now but this is what I'd like to do once I put together a flock.