Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iran shot down that plane accidentally?

Any of the members here picking up on anything Ishmaelite unusual about the passenger manifest??

Curious!?

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Passenger list. If anyone has the time to research these names, I bet there are a few important people on this list;

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/interna...-of-passengers
    I checked it, but its all Greek to me.

Lots of Iranians on board, many apparently Canadian Citizens. No idea what the breakdown of who knew what.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I tried researching some of the names, but there are multiple people with the same names. Need more info to narrow them down. Supposedly there were some engineers and doctors on the plane, but I have no way to confirm.

Today Iran admitted that they indeed did shoot the plane down by accident. No more speculation.

Today Iran admitted that they indeed did shoot the plane down by accident. No more speculation.

LOL LOL LOL...!!!!

It is one thing to piss down the back of a sovereign government like the United States.

It is a very different thing to do that to an international insurance company.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom

I read somewhere (sorry, do not now recall where) that Israel may have been responsible for the downing of the aircraft.

This person was relating (or speculating) that Israel had the ability to remotely hack into the airplane's electronic/computer-controlled systems.

If one were to turn off an aircraft's radio and kill the ID transponder, in a situation where trigger fingers are itchy, the potential for an "accident" does go way up.

I do not know whether the systems on this type of aircraft are vulnerable to this type of attack, nor whether Israel possesses the technical expertise to pull it off, let alone what motivation would prompt such a course of action - someone of importance on the plane, or simply to create an embarrassing incident for Iran. I've heard that several of Iran's nuclear scientists may have been on board. Would that be enough to justify the collateral damage? Hmm.

However, if those two actions had occurred, there would likely be evidence of it on the airplane's "black box" which the Iranian government claims to have recovered but in non-functional condition. And they didn't waste ANY time cleaning up the crash site. Very interesting. Could a flight data recorder become corrupted by remote hacking? Or could it be that Iran would not want the vulnerability exposed to a wider audience before they could figure out how to prevent future hacks?
    Last edited by bruss01; 01-13-2020 at 06:12 PM.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
    I read somewhere (sorry, do not now recall where) that Israel may have been responsible for the downing of the aircraft.

This person was relating (or speculating) that Israel had the ability to remotely hack into the airplane's electronic/computer-controlled systems.

If one were to turn off an aircraft's radio and kill the ID transponder, in a situation where trigger fingers are itchy, the potential for an "accident" does go way up.

I do not know whether the systems on this type of aircraft are vulnerable to this type of attack, nor whether Israel possesses the technical expertise to pull it off, let alone what motivation would prompt such a course of action - someone of importance on the plane, or simply to create an embarrassing incident for Iran. I've heard that several of Iran's nuclear scientists may have been on board. Would that be enough to justify the collateral damage? Hmm.

However, if those two actions had occurred, there would likely be evidence of it on the airplane's "black box" which the Iranian government claims to have recovered but in non-functional condition. And they didn't waste ANY time cleaning up the crash site. Very interesting. Could a flight data recorder become corrupted by remote hacking? Or could it be that Iran would not want the vulnerability exposed to a wider audience before they could figure out how to prevent future hacks?
    Only one teensy problem with that. Several Iranians got video of the missile flight, and it striking the craft. I saw a good quality one on YouTube, however, they have been scrubbing a lot of stuff lately. I will give kudos to the pilot. He was able to steer the craft clear of a heavily populated area before total control was lost.

Second, if a craft is hit in the right area, all power to both "black boxes" is lost, and they stop recording. One box is the CVR(Cockpit Voice Recorder), the other is linked to the plane's monitoring system itself.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

It's not saying Iran didn't shoot it, but they were sabotaged and whoodood
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

More support for the cyberattack theory, this one a different version and coming from Iran itself.

Iranian Military Now Claims US "Cyberattack" Brought Down Passenger Plane
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...assenger-plane

The Iranian military is now blaming the US (again) for the downing of Ukrainian International Airlines Flight 752, after it admitted that IRGC commanders shot the plane out of the sky last week, and in the wake of a new video emerging showing a SECOND missile was fired at the civilian airliner.

Abdollahi also seemed to suggest that the US military hackers could have actually shot down the plane as part of a cyber attack to make Iran look bad, according to the report.

After initially claiming “mechanical error” caused the plane to crash, then admitting they shot it down ‘by mistake’ after evidence of a missile strike could no longer be denied, Iran has now pivoted back to directly blaming the US.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking