Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Abandoned or Hard Target House For SHTF?

When I think about those protesters in Baltimore and Ferguson, to me, they were nothing more than paid lobbiest/aggitators for the race baiters talking points.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

In my AO, it wouldn't take very much for SHTF. It's winter most are in farming or construction, very little manufacturing local. We are not a tourist dest. those who aren't farming or building are traveling at least 30-50 minutes 1 way for work. It's 15 miles to a walmart or TSC. Most would be hungry after a couple of days. I can't feed or shoot everyone so I have to look like I can offer neither.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

You've got the right idea flock. Just keep in mind, it's not just food these people will be after. They will also be looking for things they can sell/barter and use themselves, right down to your last blanket... Some of them will be looking for most anything beyond food or shelter. The thrill of a kill, rape women, animals to slaughter. The list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    You've got the right idea flock. Just keep in mind, it's not just food these people will be after. They will also be looking for things they can sell/barter and use themselves, right down to your last blanket... Some of them will be looking for most anything beyond food or shelter. The thrill of a kill, rape women, animals to slaughter. The list is endless.
    food - highly probable that these no-brain looters won't have the slightest idea of the SHTF magnitude - it could be a Jericho and they'd act like their usual looter self ... the foodliners probably burn loaded - the premium stuff like booze and choice meat might make it out the door - whatever limited food is available at Zero Hour goes down to nothing within hours one way or another ....

In a bad SHTF situation the blackout curtains will assist in containing the flying glass from your broken windows. Unless your house is stone/cement, bullets will fly right through the walls.
    I have plywood and 2x4's on hand all the time to make dirt filled boxes to make certain areas of my house highly bullet resistant if the need ever arises. I also have clear plastic to cover where my windows have been shot out.
    Though I live over 200 miles from any larger city, sooner or later people will likely find their way to my area.
    But I know no matter what if a rifleman ever comes and wants what they think I have then I will very likely die. Anyone with a rifle could lob bullets into my house or garage from very far away. Sooner or later a bullet would hit me or at least would ruin everything.

I'm really not trying to sound like a smartass but, why would anyone be dumb enough to spray their bullets into a house when they can't see behind walls where you might be, and being on foot, their ammo would be limited? Even being in my own place with a nice stash of ammo, I wouldn't shoot at anything I couldn't verify as a target.

I'm really not trying to sound like a smartass but, why would anyone be dumb enough to spray their bullets into a house when they can't see behind walls where you might be, and being on foot, their ammo would be limited? Even being in my own place with a nice stash of ammo, I wouldn't shoot at anything I couldn't verify as a target.
    Who said they would be on foot? No one except a couple neighbors could walk to my place. We are a long way from anywhere. That will help protect us but I know people will come here at some point.
    Vehicles and fuel will always be available to the bad guys. The fuel might likely be hard to get but there are countless places that have fuel. Who knows if things will ever get that bad here in America. I kind of doubt it.

I meant to say 'OR ON FOOT' not 'and'. Sorry.

I meant to say 'OR ON FOOT' not 'and'. Sorry.
    No need to be sorry, this is all conjecture anyway. There are no right or wrongs, only guesses.

Mines hard target. But I'm bugged out in the middle of nowhere land. That make it look looted thing will always invite more trouble in my opinion.