Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: strange experience

Default strange experience

I've debated strongly with myself as to whether or not to share this, because some of you may think I've really gone off the deep end. But I'm going to anyway. As most of you know, I lost my beloved wife, Sandy, on March 18th of this year. It has been a long and difficult journey without her. But I made it through Thanksgiving and Christmas a lot better than I thought I would. Now, I want to tell all of you something that happened on Christmas Eve. Something that startled me and at the same time made me feel a very comforting warmth. I think Sandy's spirit was here with me in the house on Christmas Eve. I had to refletch a couple of arrows that the feathers had gotten quite worn. I had scraped the old feathers off and was in the bathroom. She kept her nail polish remover in the medicine cabinet. I was using it to clean the fletching end of the arrow shafts of any grease, dirt or anything that would Keep the glue from setting well. It was her bathroom, the one she always used. I was standing at the sink wiping the arrow shafts with some toilet tissue I had poured the acetone one. All of a sudden, the toilet flushed...ON- ITS- OWN!!! I never touched it. I was not even within reach of it. IT-JUST- FLUSHED!!!! I felt a presence there with me. It didn't frighten me. On the contrary, it felt warm, soothing and sweet. Maybe it was here wishing me a merry Christmas, telling me not to worry about her, that she was happy, no longer in any pain of any kind. I have no other explanation. And I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP, and it was not my imagination. That toilet flushed all on its own. I never touched it, and there was no one else in the house but me. I just wonder, have any of you ever experienced anything similar? Toilets don't just flush without someone...or something...pushing the flush lever. BUT-IT-DID!!!!!
    Last edited by beowulf; 12-30-2019 at 12:29 AM.

You are not going off the deep end, Beo. I'll chime in here and offer a couple of instances that have occurred to me as well.

My adoptive mom and I were very close. She passed away in 2000. She went downhill fast - organs shutting down, dang near comatose - and I was the only one in the family that could garner a glimmer of a response. It wasn't much - just a little squeeze of my hand, but it was more than anyone else could elicit. Now, Iva Jane loved a celebration, and took particular delight in hosting family birthday and Christmas parties for her grandchildren in healthier times. Her Christmas celebrations always included some piano playing, singing old hymns, and story-telling to the little ones. Well, we took her home and buried her on my birthday that year. Just last week, the wife and I drove across the county to stay overnight with our youngest son and his family. We both packed small overnight bags - change of clothes, toiletries, etc. - and loaded the truck with gifts for the grandchildren (and a bottle of bourbon for me).

Christmas morning, I got up to use the bathroom and began digging through my little Cabelas range bag. At the bottom of that bag lay a rusty red wrought iron Christmas ornament in the shape of a cowboy boot, with cord attached for hanging on the tree. Mom had given me that ornament decades ago. I have no earthy idea how it got into my little bag, as I had emptied the contents before packing it for the trip that day. That little ornament has now been gifted to my youngest son to be passed down through the generations with the story to go with it. Mom just wanted to let me know her spirit was with us, and I reckon it was her way of letting me know "I'm still with you. I wanna go to the party !" It was not the first time her vivacious spirit manifested, and likely won't be that last.

Fast forward to 2012, when my dad was brought home for hospice care in his last days. My brother and I were exhausted - mentally and physically - from everything that goes into such an ordeal, but we were determined to honor his wishes....an old-fashioned "cowboy funeral" in the plain pine box he had chosen. My brother was asleep in my mom's old bedroom, I was sound asleep in my dad's bedroom, and dad was in his hospital bed in the living room under the watchful eye of the hospice nurse we'd just hired so we could get some rest. About 2 AM, my brother sat upright in the bed when he heard my mom's voice calling dad home...."Jack ? JACK !" Then there was a knock on the door and the hospice nurse said "He's at peace now."

Take some comfort knowing that she is still with you, just in a different form. You may notice other things, too - a whiff of perfume, a light turning itself on or off, the TV comes on by itself, or even a cell phone ring from the "unknown" number (they like to harness energy and use it).

If you are curious, you can search Amazon books for my second book titled "The Final Road Trip" - about how we honored my dad's wishes. Peace be with you, friend. We are not alone.
    Last edited by TheCitizenPatriot; 12-30-2019 at 07:54 AM. Reason: typo

Thank you for sharing Beo... you're not alone in this kind of experience.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Last edited by TheCitizenPatriot; 12-30-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Not to worry, Beo we have thought you off the deep end for some time now, nothing has changed.

I was very close to my grandmother. She kind of kept me or raised me for several years until I started school. I spent summers and vacations with grandparents and later gave her a key to my Batchelor pad. When she would come in to Laredo from the ranch to run errands she would stop by and nap on my waterbed before heading home. Anyway, she died of lukemia at about 85 and in her last days she would wake up freezing and call out to me to come hold her for warmth.

Twice now I've been at the ranch asleep and something wakes me up, and I could sleep through anything. Waking up, there is some sort of something, apparition I guess at the foot of my bed once and at bedroom door another time. I know that she is trying to tell me something. Her last several weeks alive were in hospital managing pain, she didn't want a bone marrow transplant, and I would go in and have coffee with her and visit. ThenI got sick and Dr said to stay away her immune system was in bad shape so I did. Returned to see her and she tried to tell me something but she was weak and I don't hear well enough.

Anyway, that's my weird story.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Mom and I had a lifetime of ESP working both ways. I'd think should call Mom, there she would be, calling me. Calling Mom, she would say, was just thinking of you. Too many times to post when Mom was needed and out of the blue -she would show up. No reason - there she was. It was a family joke. So when she passed, I was devastated when nothing happened.

A year passed. This particular night was an ah ha moment. It came after a day of vigorous cleaning the RV. Bathed the dogs, vacuumed the carpets -twice. Once to remove all the fur and the second time to give it that show room look. At my age, a night time tinkle visit is needed. Sitting there admiring my cleaning handy work and I notice something on the carpet. It diffenetly wasn't there when I went to bed. I think, what the hell. Turns out it is a dime. A bright, shinney dime and a ESP MOM message pops into my head.

There is more - during the year Mom had passed, I would find pennies every where. I don't pick up pennies. So, didn't think anything of it. Later, it would be nickels. Darndest places - nickols. Don't remember if shinny or not - but nickols. Ignored them too. Then the night of the dime and ESP message. Looked up and said, maybe I should hold out for quarters. Love ya Mom! FYI - still get dimes - not as often - but when a Mom reminder is needed. LH
    "...Your most important survival tool is your brain -think!..."
    Rand of the Return of Planet X

Some people are much more susceptible, and in touch with the outer realm of EXISTANCE. In most cases, it take a serious crisis to get us there, but with others, it's a natural phenomin that's difficult to explain to those who have yet to experience it.

I've had those experiences on several occasions. I've come to understand that I don't need to pardon myself before sharing my stories or experiences. There truly IS another realm of exisitance. I also know there is a living existance and we can actually learn from our present self. ( it's called out of body ). It's not crazy or off the deep end. Others who have not experienced it may think your off. Let them think what they want. It's their loss. They are closed off and deprived.

Most, if not all of these experiences are of the same nature but from different perspectives, depending on your individual lifestyles and daily routines and activities. That's what connects you with those familiar with your surroundings.

A small example of self interaction example. My oldest daughter called me a while back and told me she had a weird dream and I was there. As she began to tell me of her dream, I knew she experienced my OBE ( out of body experience). We carried on a conversation as if we were together in person. I knew what she was going to tell me before she told me and I shared it with her. It literally blew her away!

Oh yeah! It's real! Embrace it and more will come! Trust me on that!
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Olde Timer...

Agree somewhat in the spirit of KINGCHIP here...

Not to worry, Beo we have thought you off the deep end for some time now, nothing has changed.

But on a serious note...the bathroom upstairs that I use near my ham radio room...I've found the hot water running twice since my Lady Friend passed last February.

Asked myself if I was losing it.

Also..her youngest daughter has told me that she has smelled her Mom one day....since February.

And in like manner my Lady Friend has told me that one day she smelled her mother near her.

No Olde Timer...If you are nuts I reckon I am too.

I hesitated to speak of it until reading your post.

I miss her every day.....

My heart goes out to you and your house Olde Timer.

Orangetom

My father died in 1991, about a thousand miles away from where I lived at the time. Very early one morning while still dark, I woke up after dreaming my father was by my bedside telling me goodbye.
    Hours later my sister called me to tell me Dad had passed away.

When I asked what time it happened .... it turned out it was just about the same time as when I had the dream .....

I'm not saying there was anything psychic or paranormal going on..... but I'm not saying otherwise.

I have no real answer.

Only God does.

I don't think you've gone off the deep end Beo, although you may be at the end of the diving board. HAHA.

Kidding aside, my wife and I have both had similar experiences, on many occasions, concerning loved ones we've lost. My daughter too. When she was very young, she was outside one day playing with her cats. She came in and described a conversation she had with my dad, who died 5 years before she was born. She even described the shirt he was wearing. I remember the shirt well, but no way she could have because she never saw it.
    Many other instances we've seen or heard lost loved ones, or strange things happening, similar to your toilet flushing. I just wish they would come and stay longer.