Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it respectable to inquire about Christmas haul?

Ha, you eat what you can get readily bam! One time offer dude. Get it while it's offered!
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Ha, you eat what you can get readily bam! One time offer dude. Get it while it's offered!

Well I'm just too weak to ever turn down cornbread !

Replaced my 8 yo laptop that has been thru hell and back. New house shoes because wife felt that the ones I have that are really broken in, have holes in the sole and not respectable. Got a Christmas with a grand baby that is starting to get it, and news of a second on the way for daughter. Sons wife due March 6 so next Christmas we go from one grandkid to three. That's plenty for Christmas.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    You want me to bake you a pan of my cornbread? I will!
    Can you cook and make ice cream at the same time? (snicker/chuckle) That would just be the cat's meow!

Wife got a quilt she's had her eye on, some books, and show tickets to a live act she's excited about.

I got some terrific boots and some sights & loading gate from Ranger Point for my Marlin 1894 that I'll have fun installing.

We also got a new vacuum cleaner and chainsaw but those were more due to necessity than "gifts".

Oh! We discovered a pair of VERY nice white wines for serving with Christmas dinner.

Chateau Ste Michelle Harvest Riesling
    https://www.totalwine.com/wine/white...9&igrules=true

Summit Estates Riesling
    https://www.totalwine.com/wine/white...9&igrules=true
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bruss01; 12-30-2019 at 12:32 AM.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Sure, just buy two! Hehehe.. On sale at WalMart $44.00, reg $99.00 A 2fer!

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Can you cook and make ice cream at the same time? (snicker/chuckle) That would just be the cat's meow!

Bam, sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
    Wife got a quilt she's had her eye on, some books, and show gickets to a live act she's excited about.

I got some terrific boots and some sights & loading gate from Ranger Point for my Marlin 1894 that I'll have fun installing.

We also got a new vacuum cleaner and chainsaw but those were more due to necessity than "gifts".
    I know what tickets are, but what the heck are gickets? Ahhhh! Think I figured it out...gift tickets????

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I know what tickets are, but what the heck are gickets? Ahhhh! Think I figured it out...gift tickets????
    An amusing typo? LOL yes gift tickets they shall be!

Seriously tho - that wine.... mmmmmm! very nice! Worth looking for next time you're in a store with a decent selection. We have a chain here called "Total Wine" that is the size of a "big box" store... 20 ft ceilings, and rows upon rows of everything you can imagine. One of these is so light and subtle it's less like drinking a beverage and more like inhaling a lightly perfumed breath of air. The other has more body & substance but so silky smooth it's amazing. Definitely recommend them both.
    Last edited by bruss01; 12-29-2019 at 04:37 PM.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking