Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memories from your childhood.

Default Memories from your childhood.

I really try and forget politics and such during the holidays.

What’s a fond or humorous memory you have as a kid during Christmas?

One for me I always laugh about is this. Age 5-11 I lived in Cordova Alaska. A quaint little drinking town with a slight fishing problem. Anyways every year there was a neighborhood Christmas party. My mother took a liking to a particular wine. Named Cold Duck if memory serves, anyways mom got pretty tuned up. One of the neighbors, the airport manager, set a side a bottle of it and put it in our fridge and told me what I should
    do when mom wakes up.

“She will be thirsty when she wakes up” Mel said. When she does, grab this and give it to her.
    So she did and I did and she about knocked me over headed for the bathroom where she proceeded to purge previous said wine lmao.

Sounds silly but we still laugh about it to this day.

So come on. Share a story with us.

✌️🤟

-Johnny
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

I remember once...year, and years ago...daddy was doing some interior remodeling in the house. IIRC, it was right around Christmas time. My uncle, who was helping daddy, had just finished wiring a new ceiling light fixture and was installing the screws that held it in place. For some strange reason he had his thumb inside the socket. Daddy walked in and without thinking about it turned the light switch on. Thank the Lord the ladder W.T. was standing on was wood...and dry. To say things got really interesting for a few minutes is to put it lightly. No one was hurt, and we all had al good laugh about after it was over, but the expression on W.T.'s face and his reaction was one for the ages. I still break out laughing about it when I think about all these years later.

Funny stuff Beo
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

Default Best Christmas Ever

I was adopted as an infant....Lubbock, TX., 1955. After many years of searching and several DNA tests, we found my biological parents and connected with my "First Father's" surviving family. One of the first photos the family shared with us was of my bio-dad performing onstage with Sir Paul McCartney in London. Attached is a collage...still boggles my mind - my bio-dad's passing made headlines around the world. So many accomplishments, so many well-known artists. He was best friends with Buddy Holly in school, and went on to a very successful career on Music Row in Gnashville with a slew of credits to his name. Many of these pics were provided by Bob's first wife, who sang backup for Elvis on 14 of his albums. BLOWS. MY. MIND.

13585001_10207740839893130_8577981455012077408_o.jpg

Wow man!!

Very cool

Aunt had this killer EggNog recipe that included much rum and a touch of heavy cream. I was about 4-5 I guess, all the cousins were there all within about 4 years of me either way. We commenced to drinking eggnog and come about 8 pm Grampa, an Elder down at the Methodist church, loaded all of us up for midnight service. We were all a little loped and struggled thru it, and then hugged the commode later.

About a year or two later, parents were divorced and doing the who can outbid the other with me as recipient. Got the Jonny 7 OMA but more special was the Daniel Boone outfit that I think I wore until it fell off me. Man those were the days.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by TheCitizenPatriot View Post
    I was adopted as an infant....Lubbock, TX., 1955. After many years of searching and several DNA tests, we found my biological parents and connected with my "First Father's" surviving family. One of the first photos the family shared with us was of my bio-dad performing onstage with Sir Paul McCartney in London. Attached is a collage...still boggles my mind - my bio-dad's passing made headlines around the world. So many accomplishments, so many well-known artists. He was best friends with Buddy Holly in school, and went on to a very successful career on Music Row in Gnashville with a slew of credits to his name. Many of these pics were provided by Bob's first wife, who sang backup for Elvis on 14 of his albums. BLOWS. MY. MIND.

13585001_10207740839893130_8577981455012077408_o.jpg
    Hadn't thought about it in a while, but this reminds me. My late wife was related to Jr. Samples (HEE HAW), and J. D. Sumner, who wand bass for the Stamps quartet backing Elvis, was a distant cousin of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Aunt had this killer EggNog recipe that included much rum and a touch of heavy cream. I was about 4-5 I guess, all the cousins were there all within about 4 years of me either way. We commenced to drinking eggnog and come about 8 pm Grampa, an Elder down at the Methodist church, loaded all of us up for midnight service. We were all a little loped and struggled thru it, and then hugged the commode later.

About a year or two later, parents were divorced and doing the who can outbid the other with me as recipient. Got the Jonny 7 OMA but more special was the Daniel Boone outfit that I think I wore until it fell off me. Man those were the days.
    Dang yore hide, Chip! You done flung a craving on me! Now I gotta go get some eggnog and Amaretto!

The sell Dutch something or other eggnog down at liquor store that isn't bad, but yea some Borden with Amaretto might be the ticket.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I go for Darigold eggnog. Pretty much in my opinion Darigold is a better product no matter what the item is

Anywho. Eggnog with some good spiced rum. Usually Capt Morgan black or sumtin. Holiday Jack Daniels has made its way into the mix before.

Some prefer Brandy. I prefer someone else buys it lmao