Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas time treats

Default Christmas time treats

What is something that you enjoy usually only during the holidays.

Comfort food, desserts? A favorite adult beverage.

I like a good hot buttered rum on Christmas Eve.

Cheers & Merry Christmas.

-CPA
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

The place I work is kinda like a center of the community and every year we have lots of little LOLs who cook or bake their favorites and drop 'em off for us and we tend to share with customers. We get everything from biscotti to persimmon cookies/bread to great fudge... you name it, we see it. Last day of work before Xmas, when I close up I usually take anything that's left and drop it off at the local fire station.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Vale74 View Post
    The place I work is kinda like a center of the community and every year we have lots of little LOLs who cook or bake their favorites and drop 'em off for us and we tend to share with customers. We get everything from biscotti to persimmon cookies/bread to great fudge... you name it, we see it. Last day of work before Xmas, when I close up I usually take anything that's left and drop it off at the local fire station.
    Very cool!
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

My grandmother made a "no bake" fruit cake. No cooking necessary. Just mix all the ingredients, various fruits, nuts, graham cracker crumbs, with Eagle Brand condensed milk. pack it down in a pan an put in the fridge 'till you were ready for it. DEEEEEElicious!! And my late wife made a sweet potato cake that was so good, if you put a slice on a plate and set on top of your head, your tongue would knock your brains out trying to get at it.

Lol never had the sweet tater cake.

I do like a good fruitcake fer sure

Gramma always made TeaCakes for my grandfather and later for me. Wife makes them every year for me. I think they are like a sugar cookie or Shortbread cookie I don't know, we always called them TeaCakes. Normally made in shapes like christmas tree, gingerbread man, reindeer, you get it. Wife and gramma both stud cooks and bakers, but those simple cookies are my favorite.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I'm having some peanut butter fudge as I type this.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I miss mom's hickory nut cookies.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

OMG, those Swedish Spritz Cookies, the memories.....
    =
    Make America under God Again
    =

Lutefisk

You asked.