Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VA county forms militia

Default VA county forms militia

this ought to give the tyrants in Richmond pause.
    molon labe for sure

In addition to passing their Second Amendment Sanctuary Resolution, the county also passed a Militia Resolution. This resolution formalizes the creation, and maintenance of a defacto civilian militia in the county of Tazewell.

Firearms News: Councilman Lester, what are the reasons behind passing this new resolution, and what does it mean for the people of Tazewell County?

Tom Lester: We understand the implications of this new resolution are potentially enormous, but we also understand the political importance of making the county a Second Amendment Sanctuary.

Declaring our county a Second Amendment Sanctuary is a great first step, however, Virginia is unique because of its constitution. Under Article 1 section 13 of the VA Constitution, VA must maintain a well-regulated militia composed of its people to validate its authority

This subsection makes it the responsibility of counties to maintain a militia, not a National Guard or other standing army.

This is because the purpose of the militia is not just to protect the county from domestic danger, but also protect the county from any sort of tyrannical actions from the Federal government. Our constitution is designed to allow them to use an armed militia as needed. If the (Federal) government takes those arms away, it prevents the county from fulfilling their constitutional duties. But, this is not limited to just our county, but also as part of a network of sister counties showing solidarity for both Virginia’s, and the American Constitution.

As for the people, our Militia Resolution will be funding firearms safety and training for our county’s citizens, the ROTC and the public school systems - as well as the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. These preparations are done to prepare our citizens to be able to become de facto militiamen if need be.
    https://www.firearmsnews.com/editori...un-laws/370026

"May you live in interesting times," is an old quote issued by the Chinese philosopher, Confucious. Actually it was intended as a sort of curse.

And ....it begins. I guess I need to buy more ammo ...... again.......

The sleeping giant is awake folks.

I was born in Virginia back in '53 and what a great state it was....... so sad for what it's become.

Proud of the counties for taking these steps....maybe this is where it begins.....?

Most counties in Texas have already implemented and approve regulated citizen militias. I'm sure other conservative states have done the same in key counties. Not to mention gun sales are skyrocketing again and ammo is flying off the shelves.
    So, I guess its comming down to the wire.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

The deep state/NWO , in a strange twist of fate, have just created what they have been trying to destroy for 80 + years ……...….. the greatest awakened , armed , army of patriots in the history of the world. Hope they enjoy living underground.

Was just thinking a bit ago, now is a good time to finish loading what brass I have in various calibers. And might not be a bad idea to bop up to Cabelas and get more. Then again, I'm going hunting next Thursday, and lots of folks do lots of shooting there and just leave the brass. If I can find any reloadable brass in 30-06, 30-30, 9mm and .44 Mag/special calibers I'll bring it home, clean it up and reload it. That's money saved, and I like that concept.

The deep state/NWO , in a strange twist of fate, have just created what they have been trying to destroy for 80 + years ……...….. the greatest awakened , armed , army of patriots in the history of the world.
    I think you are right
    Unintended Consequences https://smile.amazon.com/Unintended-...s%2C602&sr=1-1

The militia has been there since 1792. The county is getting ready to recognize that fact.
    Good medicine in bad places

I just don't want the Left to use this kind of thing to turn the focus to arms and the militia and try to put the kibosh on 2A as an individual right. We all know that they'll push anything to chip away at the Heller decision.