Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS allowed the Sandy Hook lawsuit against Remington to continue

Default SCOTUS allowed the Sandy Hook lawsuit against Remington to continue

The Title says it all.

If I hit someone while driving my car, they will sue me, not Chrysler.
    If I serve up hotdogs that make people sick, they will sue me, not Armor.

They talk about president in the article, and there is plenty of president. People sue the person responsible, not the manufacturer.I think even the conservative judges have lost their minds on this one.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...nst-gun-maker/
    We learn from history that we do not learn from history. Georg Wilhelm F. Hegel

It just says they can sue them...it doesn't mean that they will win the lawsuit.

It's a huge case and sure to make people lots of money and it also gets the false native out there

It may well end up in the Supreme court later.

Well, as I understand it, it is really about an advertisement for the Bushmaster gun Adam Lanza used. I guess ads cause disturbed teens to steal guns from their mother, shoot her, and then kill a number of schoolkids. Whodathunkit.

Who voted in favor ? I assume Roberts voted for the majority again ?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    Well, as I understand it, it is really about an advertisement for the Bushmaster gun Adam Lanza used. I guess ads cause disturbed teens to steal guns from their mother, shoot her, and then kill a number of schoolkids. Whodathunkit.
    Lanza's mother KNEW he had problems. Yet, she took him to the range with her, taught him to shoot and left the guns where she knew he would have access to them. I guess I'm just a dumb ole country boy, so would someone PLEASE explain to me how a stupid, irresponsible parent makes the gun manufacturer culpable in such an incident. Guns are like Trump. If they can't get them one way they'll try another, and another, and another, and another....!! I'd better not get started down this road.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Lanza's mother KNEW he had problems. Yet, she took him to the range with her, taught him to shoot and left the guns where she knew he would have access to them. I guess I'm just a dumb ole country boy, so would someone PLEASE explain to me how a stupid, irresponsible parent makes the gun manufacturer culpable in such an incident. Guns are like Trump. If they can't get them one way they'll try another, and another, and another, and another....!! I'd better not get started down this road.

MK ultra perhaps ? If it even really happened. Lots of info out there that the school was closed at the time, and that the parents all had their mortgages paid off that year, but those are just " conspiracy theories " , couldn't possibly be true that the Clowns In America were behind it.

That's a state Sc, not SCOTUS
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    That's a state Sc, not SCOTUS
    Article says Says Supreme court of U.S. ??