Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dremmel tool help

Default Dremmel tool help

Anyone know about Dremmel tools? or the knock offs?

I keep coming up to a point in my projects where I am either borrowing a dremmel from my brother, or wishing I had one so I can complete. There are a few tools out there that are either dremmels or ones that are so close as to have interchangeable parts. Which one is the best?
    We learn from history that we do not learn from history. Georg Wilhelm F. Hegel

I have a dremel brand, corded and have used another at work . They seem to hold up well. The one at work has had a regular work out and still going strong.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

also have a corded one and a cordless one.
    like the cordless best - easy to maneuver

HF has a really cheap, small one ($7) that I used once in a sort of emergency away from home...
    Good medicine in bad places

Wife got me the deluxe Dremel kit a few years ago. It drown in flood, but all the pieces were good to go, so bought the HF version and dropped in in the box. Hard to duplicate when you need it.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

The HF one sucks can't keep the attachment holder (chuck) tight..... I had the cordless one, whatever the reason it stopped charging and I couldn't justify the cost for lack of use.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I had a dremmel, liked it, my ex wife laid claim to it for whatever reason, it was a good tool. I replaced it with a HF and IMHO wasn’t a shadow of the dremmel, it’s since died. I like cordless tools especially with lithium batteries. I’m now considering a Milwaukee cordless since I have batteries and chargers. My son is a contractor and has been weaning me off the “yellow” tools in favor of the “red” tools, I think he just wants to borrow my batteries.

I have been impressed so far with the quality of the “red” tools though.

I have 2 corded Dremels, one cordless, and one flex-shaft Craftsman. I used to use them a lot but now not so much. If you want a Dremel then buy the brand-name one. If you have to wait until you have enough money saved then so-be-it. Around Christmas they often have them on sale at quite a savings.

i have a dremel and a harbor freight one. both work as advertised. gotta watch the harbor freight bits and attachments. sometimes they are not perfectly straight and will instantly bend out of shape in dangerous fashion.. and at 15000 rpm a 1 oz bit can turn into a 30 lb washing machine in your hands. and put an eye out...lol

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    I had a dremmel, liked it, my ex wife laid claim to it for whatever reason, it was a good tool. I replaced it with a HF and IMHO wasn’t a shadow of the dremmel, it’s since died. I like cordless tools especially with lithium batteries. I’m now considering a Milwaukee cordless since I have batteries and chargers. My son is a contractor and has been weaning me off the “yellow” tools in favor of the “red” tools, I think he just wants to borrow my batteries.

I have been impressed so far with the quality of the “red” tools though.
    Off topic, but I lost all my cordless "Yellow" tools in flood also, and replaced with Red. I don't think the drill/screwgun has quite the torque, but does fine, and as you mentioned, I checked and son has yellow tools and SIL has green, so I'm safe.
    Last edited by KINGCHIP; 11-04-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields