Thread: Ghee??? - Know It? >>> Quiky DIY Method

Default Ghee??? - Know It? >>> Quiky DIY Method

https://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-m...nth-shelflife/

Clarified butter is butter that has been through a process to remove the water and milk solids in butter. Itís also known as Ghee.

Making clarified butter is a relatively simple process. But, if you havenít ever worked with clarified butter, you might be wondering what it isÖand why bother going through any trouble at all, when you have been content with working with standard butter?

Wife makes and uses it in some cooking.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

one reason for re-posting beyond the current posting availability >>>> coming into the holiday grocery sales time of the year - and 1lb packs of butter go cheap cheap cheap - no time to ghee until Febuary? - just freeze it ....

I used to make ghee for storage. Now I just make fresh butter from fresh cows milk (cream), and freeze it when I make more than I need for a month. Ghee is ok, especially to store in a grid down situation and no fresh cream available, but I prefer fresh, and I get the cream free, from my neighbor who has several milking cows. I still have several jars of ghee stored away as a back-up though.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quicky DIY? figured that out when I was like 12.......
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.