Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me decide where to move!

Given just the choices listed I would choose eastern Oregon.

We would welcome you in Tn. you could easily open a private practice. Vanderbilt children's hospital is great to patients. 10-15 miles outside the city is country living.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

East Tennessee is a very nice location. It's my pick for sure. Nice Childrens hospital in Knoxville. Plus the UT hospital here as well. Affilitated with the state university.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

check your PM, but i will put in plug for further up to the NE tip of Tn.
    Medical School in Johnson City.
    Lots of preppers in our group here

Not NW....way too liberal and getting worse! We are heading to AZ, but in the higher elevations so that would be out for you. Tennessee was really nice when we visited, but Texas is a great state too..
    Just my .02

All the best PAW fiction happens in Ky/Missou/Carolinas area.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Id love to say the Pacific Northwest, but I am getting out of here ASAP. I have had it with the Peoples State of Washington, the Democratic Republic of Oregon, and the Soviet State of California. I am thinking about East Tennessee around Chattanooga. There is also Northwest Georgia. Both places are in the Appalachian mountains. The mountains are much lower than the Rockies. High enough to avoid the dripping humidity the south is so famous for.

Just my 2 cents worth
    We learn from history that we do not learn from history. Georg Wilhelm F. Hegel

I hate to break it to you, but it's humid in the mountains as well. Northeast Tn tends to be a little cooler than the Chattanoga area, and Ga for sure. But it's still hot and humid.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Nothing unbearable though. I worked outside all day everyday this year. Fall is in full swing and our area is absolutely beautiful, not only the landscape but the climate as well.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

So sometimes things donít work out like you intended. Wasnít looking to move here but got a very good offer and probably more importantly a really good vibe from the doctors and nurses already there. Even my wife who had crossed this state off the possibilities list for being too cold feels like this is where we need to go.

And so it looks like we will be going to ..... (drumroll)

The upper peninsula of Michigan.
    When seconds count the police are only minutes away.