Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gowdy - new Trump attorney

On a more serious note about the state of affairs with Trump and deep state struggle.
    I've noticed in the last week that many pundits, along with a few members of Congress(conservatives all) are starting to waffle their stance on holding a lot of the deep state players who commited crimes accountable legally. Another words status quo of the continuance of a two tier legal system, one for the common man and another for the elite.
    I hope this isn't the case in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    It's not very often I disagree with you Cammie, but I don't think many congresscritters even HAVE a middle leg to drag in the dirt...……….. and if they do they would have to be lying face down for it to reach.
    R. Lee (Gunny) Ermey had a word that describes them perfectly..."numbnuts".

I always liked Ermy for the term "jackwagon." He had a way with words ....

Oh! Thanks for the visual there, bam! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    It's not very often I disagree with you Cammie, but I don't think many congresscritters even HAVE a middle leg to drag in the dirt...……….. and if they do they would have to be lying face down for it to reach.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

I find this logic persuasive:
    ----------------------------------------------
    Trey Gowdy will join the Trump defense team. – Many conservatives will have a problem with this, given their disappointment in Gowdy’s lack of results during his congressional probe of the Benghazi scandal several years ago. Like many members of congress, Gowdy gained a reputation for being all bark and no bite, as it were. Then again, most people simply don’t understand how powerless a congressional committee really is in the face of an utterly corrupt Justice Department like the one run by Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch for Barack Obama.

So, you’ll see people bitching and moaning about that all day today, and that’s fine. Some folks just need to vent.

But here’s reality: Trey Gowdy, before he ran for congress, was one hell of a prosecutor. In fact, he was undefeated in that role. Remember also that he served on two key House Committees during the years when the DOJ/FBI/CIA cabal was attempting to fix the 2016 election and then mounting its Mueller-led coup d’etat attempt.

Gowdy knows the truth about all of that – he has already seen everything that Barr and Durham are currently investigating, and knows what they’re going to find. Do you think, knowing what he knows, that Gowdy would agree to join the effort to defend the President and give up that cushy job as a highly-paid contributor for Fox News if he did not know he will win the case?

This is a big deal. Yesterday was a real inflection point in this whole sham.
    -----------------------------------
    https://dbdailyupdate.com/index.php/...tions-capitol/

I respect the hell out Trey Gowdy, he takes no prisoners in his approach.

the DNC knows what they are facing with Barr, Gowdy and Rudy all looking to make judicial history at the DNC expense >>> could be a whole wigwam of scalps hanging before this is over - the House member that weren't tied to the Coup now have their own troubles >>>> both personal $$$$ & professional - I don't think Rudy is BSing when he talks about civil rights & slander law suits - just because no previous prez has gone there .....

Quote Originally Posted by CENTEXDUDE View Post
    On a more serious note about the state of affairs with Trump and deep state struggle.
    I've noticed in the last week that many pundits, along with a few members of Congress(conservatives all) are starting to waffle their stance on holding a lot of the deep state players who commited crimes accountable legally. Another words status quo of the continuance of a two tier legal system, one for the common man and another for the elite.
    I hope this isn't the case in the near future.
    I've been watching that too, with a bit of consternation. Seems that more and more of the republicrats are abandoning ship. As per usual, when the heat gets turned up a bit republicans (so called, not necessarily conservative) get a big yellow streak up their backs, tuck their tails between their legs and slink off and hide in a hole somewhere. More and more I'm becoming convinced we had better be fully prepared to unsheath the sword and wade in swinging. The stench of their cowardice is becoming almost unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I've been watching that too, with a bit of consternation. Seems that more and more of the republicrats are abandoning ship. As per usual, when the heat gets turned up a bit republicans (so called, not necessarily conservative) get a big yellow streak up their backs, tuck their tails between their legs and slink off and hide in a hole somewhere. More and more I'm becoming convinced we had better be fully prepared to unsheath the sword and wade in swinging. The stench of their cowardice is becoming almost unbearable.
    What really burns my bacon is the past history of blantant laws being broken and no one are ever held accountable( whitewater, fast and furious, Blasley Ford just to name a few).
    Just my opinion but the pattern of all this is tied to election cycles. My meaning is that was never any attention of charges being brought but instead used to shape public opinion.
    Another observation of mine is that there are MANY MANY members of congress that are just of guilty of crimes that would warrant charges being brought against them, and I mean members from both parties.
    Who are the true victims of all this?? Every dang one of us common American Public.

Quote Originally Posted by CENTEXDUDE View Post
    What really burns my bacon is the past history of blantant laws being broken and no one are ever held accountable( whitewater, fast and furious, Blasley Ford just to name a few).
    Just my opinion but the pattern of all this is tied to election cycles. My meaning is that was never any attention of charges being brought but instead used to shape public opinion.
    Another observation of mine is that there are MANY MANY members of congress that are just of guilty of crimes that would warrant charges being brought against them, and I mean members from both parties.
    Who are the true victims of all this?? Every dang one of us common American Public.

half dozen GOP congressmen invovled in the farse of a SCOTUS hearing for Kavenaugh - just sent a demand letter to AG Barr - charges were preferred against a slew of people - the GOP congressmen asking WTF happened to their charges?????