Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: impeachment and the 2020 election

Default impeachment and the 2020 election

Sitting here listening to the talking heads on Hannity, some of whom made some very valid points , I suddenly had a eureka moment and would like to hear your opinions.

There is no doubt that the House has the votes to impeach Pres. Trump. I don't think the Senate will ever impeach him, but given the number of Rinos still in congress, it is not out of the realm of possibility.

Let's say , for the sake of argument, that POTUS is impeached and removed from office before the 2020 election.

Having only been elected once, what is to prevent him from running and getting re-elected in 2020 ?

I can find nothing in the constitution that says he cannot run again after getting impeached.

nothing - in fact there's nothing that says a 2 term POTUS can't come back for another 2 terms as long as it isn't consequent - the 2 two term came in after FDR and it was specifically worded & limited - they had younger POTUS like Kennedy in mind ....

In the end, none of this will matter at all. This whole impeachment is nothing but Kabuki Theater, and a bad remake of the Kavanaugh debacle. What amazes me, is with all those legal minds in the democrat camp, they can't come up with anything original.
    We learn from history that we do not learn from history. Georg Wilhelm F. Hegel

Quote Originally Posted by GR82BPREPD View Post
    In the end, none of this will matter at all. This whole impeachment is nothing but Kabuki Theater, and a bad remake of the Kavanaugh debacle. What amazes me, is with all those legal minds in the democrat camp, they can't come up with anything original.

when it comes down to a House vote - I don't think the DNC has the solidarity that's currently being bluffed & played >>> the DNCers up for 2020 re-election really aren't interested in having that BS - and - some of the career DNCers aren't having that kind of Pelosi & AOC crap tagging their career forever ...

this 2018 - 2020 House is going down in sinister US history already >> this utter utter crap will be remembered for a looooong time

They are making a circus out of American Politics and I believe many many more people on both sides of the aisle are catching on in disgust at what they are doing to our political system...treating it as their private fiefdom...private kingdom.

I think that Pelosi and AOC are willing to go this route at everyone else's expense to further their careers selling the very soul of America and Americans to their deep state handlers.

I pray that they will be exposed for the phoneys they are along with the rest of the left and phony right.

Hope too that Americans remember this manufactured chaos for a long long time..and also ...and especially the part played in it by the also phony MSM.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom

Most Trump supporters, and a few Never Trumpers are so fed up with the way D.C. operates, specifically, the leftist Dems, that I see a landslide for Trump in 2020, with no other viable option....impeached or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    nothing - in fact there's nothing that says a 2 term POTUS can't come back for another 2 terms as long as it isn't consequent - the 2 two term came in after FDR and it was specifically worded & limited - they had younger POTUS like Kennedy in mind ....
    I disagree vociferously.

Amendment 22

Section. 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President, when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." Tuco

Doug Collins announced today that when the impeachment hoax comes back to the House judiciary committee , Adam Schitt will be called to testify as a fact witness. HAHAHA

The demonrats are so frickin stupid, they haven't learned anything in the last 3 years.

guess i will toss my 2 cents in
    the rats will have enough votes to send to the senate.
    the house hearings will be a kangaroo court and the republicans will fight, but the rules are stacked against them.
    yeah, they will loose a few rats in swing districts, but will have enough votes to pass articles of impeachment.

From there several possibilities - all of which benefit Trump, because there won't be 20 Repugnantcans to vote with Schumer to convict.

McConnell can just take an immediate vote without hearings, Trump acquitted game over. I don't see this happening, but it's a possibility.

What I think is more likely is that there will be a long trial in the Senate where the Republicans have the rules on their side. Trump will be allowed wide latitude to mount a vigorous defense and rip the curtain back from the deep state coup. The side benefit for this is the rules call for the Senate to be in session with no absences allowed during the trial which goes Monday thru Saturday with no interruptions / no breaks until a verdict is reached. With Biden cratering in the polls because of his obvious corruption that leaves Senator Warren in the lead with Senator Sanders right behind, also in the rat pack are Senators Harris, Klobuchar and Booker. All of them are required to be in attendance 6 days a week during the trial for the duration. The next three rat candidates after those big three are Buttigieg, Yang and Gabbard - hilarious.

The Senate impeachment trial of president Johnson went 60 days and the trial of Bill Clinton a month.

The rats in the house are moving as fast as possible to get the articles assembled and to a vote, but that's still going to take months. So let's say early next year the Senate could start the trial right in the middle of the primary season taking all the rat senators off the campaign trail allowing what have so far been the second tier to have the stage to themselves - until Killery jumps back in to rescue the party, LOL.

Wouldn't it be delicious for the Grim Reaper McConnell to schedule the trial in Feb & March when most delegates to the rat convention are selected. Feb 3 is Iowa Primary and Super Tuesday March 3 where about 1/3rd of the delegates are chosen.

Either way this is going to be very disruptive for the country, but I expect Trump to survive and it will absolutely galvanize his base to turn out.

Would not be surprised to see the kind of violence that occurred when I was coming of voting age in the late 60's.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=237221

Senator Graham already has 51 votes to totally dismiss anything that gets sent over by the BS House >>>> total DNC theater