Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2nd Amendment is not about Hunting rifles....they are gaslighting us.

Agree with bambam on this....the Enforcement Officers will be very scared if they come...while these people who voted for this sit back in their ivory towers..

They want to turn us into Englishmen or Continentals.....like the rest of the world..disarmed...in more ways than one...mentally, spiritually as well as physically.

They want to complete the task of turning us into Ishmaelites and away from Isaac....and his Seed.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Orangetom

I know a lot of sheriffs deputys and cops... They are all like hell no. I have a neighbor who's been with the sheriff's Dept for 21 years. He hears me shooting all the time. He assured me no one from my office is taking anyone's guns. And as a former Marine he loves the Constitution. And I know the col. Who runs out national guard unit. He's an oath keeper. Sooooo. That cake wouldn't bake

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    I know a lot of sheriffs deputys and cops... They are all like hell no. I have a neighbor who's been with the sheriff's Dept for 21 years. He hears me shooting all the time. He assured me no one from my office is taking anyone's guns. And as a former Marine he loves the Constitution. And I know the col. Who runs out national guard unit. He's an oath keeper. Sooooo. That cake wouldn't bake

I went to school and partied with our current Sheriff. He knows better than to try take my weapons. However, there are cops out there, including State Troopers I know , who are stupid enough to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    it's not only semi-autos and large capacity magazines >>> #1 on every single ban list are the .50 cal Barretts and such - never been used in a mass shooting or even found in some kooks closet - then why??? >>> because when there was a confrontation between the gooberment and civilians - the civilian counter-snipers arrived - the Barretts got uncased - it's about disarming the resistant civilians and that's as uber resistant as it comes ...
    +1! IMO they will use a "divide and conquer" strategy --- a continuation of what got started with the National Firearm Act of 1934 and in some ways, since. Bolt action scoped deer rifles will be "sniper rifles."
    And I'm sure other terms will be coined to vilify other guns.

Barretts, 50 caliber, .338, and all those high power rounds will be targets of bans and confiscation.

It's process of elimination. After they take the AK's and AR's, the bad guys will revert to other weapons and these freaks will go after those. Then the next and the next until all weapons right down to the Daisy GG guns, archery equipment and slingshots. It will never stop. Eventually, if they get their way, we will all be marching with great big labels on the backs of our jackets and carrying papers to produce at check points every couple of miles and living under a curfew. That's where all of this is heading.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

it's not only semi-autos and large capacity magazines >>> #1 on every single ban list are the .50 cal Barretts and such - never been used in a mass shooting or even found in some kooks closet - then why??? >>> because when there was a confrontation between the gooberment and civilians - the civilian counter-snipers arrived - the Barretts got uncased - it's about disarming the resistant civilians and that's as uber resistant as it comes ...
    well said.

and in terms of the nonesense you sometimes hear that 2nd amendment only applied to single shot muskets, I say this:

The Patriots owned cannons:
    With the center of Concord clear of Americans, Smith ordered his men, without warrants, to search and destroy any munitions or weapons of war located in the town. Following intelligence furnished from Gage’s spies and American traitor Dr. Benjamin Church, they knew exactly where to start looking. After holding a gun to the head of the local tavern owner, they were able to locate several cannons buried behind the tavern, which they disabled. They also found a few wooden gun carriages for artillery and thousands of musket balls that they tossed in a millpond. The British mission of disarmament at Concord had failed. The forewarned Americans had successfully moved most of their stockpiles.

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    well said.

and in terms of the nonesense you sometimes hear that 2nd amendment only applied to single shot muskets, I say this:

The Patriots owned cannons:

the Brits also cut off defense supplies to the western settlements that were still under Indian attacks - guys like Daniel Boone in Kentucky had to turn to the French and Spanish and pay thru the nose ...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    +1 to all posts above.
    I've heard rants about gun bans before. It was always about AR-15s .... "weapons of war," as the antis refer to them.
    Now they are enboldened; they talk about "semiauto" guns, which means my ARs as well as my father's Remington 550-1 semi auto .22RF rifle, his 12gauge Browning Auto 5 as well as my semiauto handguns.
    I need to stop procrastinatin' on orderin' a 10 round for my Remington 742. It came with a 4 rounder and I'm sure that at some point, even that'll be considered "too much" by the dot-gov.

I have a bolt action Remington Sportsman 78 (700 ADL) in 30-06. Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to have it converted, if its even possible to do so, for using a box magazine? I've been thinking about this for a while, just never acted on it.

Magpul has stocks that have detach mag for rem700