Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 2nd Amendment is not about Hunting rifles....they are gaslighting us.

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Magpul has stocks that have detach mag for rem700
    Thank you. Gonna have to check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    It's process of elimination. After they take the AK's and AR's, the bad guys will revert to other weapons and these freaks will go after those. Then the next and the next until all weapons right down to the Daisy GG guns, archery equipment and slingshots. It will never stop. Eventually, if they get their way, we will all be marching with great big labels on the backs of our jackets and carrying papers to produce at check points every couple of miles and living under a curfew. That's where all of this is heading.
    Da Tovarich!!!!

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I have a bolt action Remington Sportsman 78 (700 ADL) in 30-06. Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to have it converted, if its even possible to do so, for using a box magazine? I've been thinking about this for a while, just never acted on it.
    Dog gonnit….Olde Timer.....you are giving me the itch and I want to scratch it..in precision shooting.

While I have one of these …..in magazine feed....

https://www.mossberg.com/product/mvp...l-rifle-27738/

I am looking at one of these....and I want to stay with a .30 caliber...as it is commonly available coast to coast...

These 6.5mms are becoming very popular in accuracy but logistically I'd rather stay with something more commonly available and for which I am already set up to reload...roll my own ammo.

https://www.mossberg.com/product/mvp-lr-rifle-27697/

Oh....these will take the M14 standard magazines but I use Mag Pulls from Bass Pro...mostly 10 rounders. I have a few 20 rounders but it throws off the balance of the rifle …..as does a long magazine on an AK rifle.

Rather stick with 10 rounders on a rifle like this.

Nonetheless...the itch is still there and I have to bite my tongue....

Yeah.....Yeah.....Yeah....I know...I know.....just like I stopped at that country store and came out with A Kimber 1911.....what was I thinking!!!??

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 09-24-2019 at 09:46 AM.