Thread: The Mathematical Case of the Tin Foil Hat Gun Prepper

Default The Mathematical Case of the Tin Foil Hat Gun Prepper

I found this article today. It's a bit long, and I had to take off my shoes to do some of the cypherin'. I found it interesting. I hope you do too.

The Surprisingly Solid Mathematical Case of the Tin Foil Hat Gun Prepper
    Or, “Who Needs an AR-15 Anyway?”

https://medium.com/s/story/the-surpr...r-15fce7d10437
    777 FGG

Excellent read.

Good article... uses risk assessment formulas from 100 year flood calculation and adapts it to social phenomena like war, civil unrest etc using historical data. This is how the pro's do it ladies and gentlemen.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Those percentages in reality mean nothing. Our county had 3 100-year floods in 11 years. I'd guess the odds of another " revolution / civil war " are closer to 70 %.

Numbers can be made into absolutely anything. Don't believe me? Ask your grandchildren about common core math. 2+2=19
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

My brother is a peace loving liberal who hates guns, and violence, and lives a minimalist life of contemplation, and scripture study. He is a Methodist pastor, who is the MOST liberal minded person I have ever met. He just can't fathom why I would need 10 guns, and the associated ammo, along with my own, well used gun range out in my back feild.

He has this skewed veiw of a multi cultural/love is love/hippy paradise that he thinks could exist if we all just loved each other. I, on the other hand, have lived the dog eat dog, business world full of back stabbers, and questionable characters who will step on your neck to get one step further ahead in life. I have seen the effects of a drug raged society at my doorstep who only understand their own hand to mouth existence, that will do ANYTHING to prolong their miserable lives.

I have guns to keep the marauding masses (zombies) at bay, and keep my family safe... each family member of mine has their own AR15.