Thread: Lost Art & Craft for Game Getting >>> Nets !!!

Default Lost Art & Craft for Game Getting >>> Nets !!!

if you have followed the TV reality show Alone - some of the outdoor contestants chose to include nets in their gear choices - I think there was 2-3 this year - one guy managed to deploy his net thru & under heavy ice ....

learn a bit about what to buy and how to repair >>>>https://prepperswill.com/the-lost-an...-net-crafting/

This season one of the guys stipped out some 550 cord and wove his own net to. Don't think he caught anything but he did build one.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Not a bad idea. Cast nets are pretty cheap.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Not a bad idea. Cast nets are pretty cheap.

gill nets coming in from overseas are super cheap $$$ - until you unleash them, a decent net is the size of a pack of cigs - you can stretch them across a running stream or float support them in a lake >>>>> and then you have small animal netting on land - small birds will fly into a gill net if position by their regular bird feeder - there's also all kinds of DIY bird traps using large frame landing net types ....