Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: walmart stops ammo sales

Default walmart stops ammo sales

better stock up

-------------------------
    Walmart said Tuesday it will discontinue all sales of handgun ammunition and sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition that can be used with military-style weapons, following two “horrific” shootings at Walmart stores this summer. It will also stop all handgun sales in Alaska, marking its complete exit from the handguns category.

The biggest retailer in the world also is asking customers at Walmart and Sam’s Club to no longer openly carry firearms in stores, in states where “open carry” is allowed, unless they are authorized law enforcement officers. Open carry legislation is currently on the books in more than 26 states, Dan Bartlett, executive vice president of corporate affairs, said during a call with members of the media.

Walmart is discontinuing sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber, discontinuing sales of handgun ammunition and discontinuing handgun sales entirely in Alaska.

what walmart dont buy all the other stores will...
    places like palmetto state armort, lucky gunner , aim etc etc. walmart just loosing out and the supply will actually get better in my opinion. less, half hearted gun owners buying up ammo

Add Walmarts name to the Don't spend money at list. I haven't shopped there but a handful of times in years and only for stuff I needed right then I couldn't find anywhere else. I'll do without now.

Can't wait to see the financial reports in 6 months once this kicks in and they see a replay of Dicks. And just the opposite of Chick Filet
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    Add Walmarts name to the Don't spend money at list.
    Yep......they never learn do they? And I'm sure their customer base will be replenished by liberals? :-)

I stopped by Walmart on my way home from work today just to see if they had pulled their ammo. There were about 10 people there buying ammo. I fear the only thing that will get accomplished will be other stores marking up their ammunition. And telling people not to carry in their stores will only make them more of a target as now criminals will assume everyone there is unarmed.

Damn, I've been into mine twice in a week, and that's more times than last five years. No more.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Guess I'll start carrying my bow and a quiver full of arrows, along with my tomahawk and Ka-Bar. None of those are firearms. They can start calling me Cochise. What these sniveling, cowardly, spineless morons don't realize is this isn't in any way going to do anything to stop these heinous acts. If anything, they'll increase. Stupid just never learns. Take Chicago for example. Some of the strictest gun laws in the Country, and there were 35 shootings in Chicago last weekend. I'll still go to Walmart. It probably won't be long before almost EVERYWHERE is going to implement such a policy. Lunacy and cowardice is running rampant.
    Last edited by beowulf; 09-03-2019 at 07:37 PM.

I've never purchase anything related from WalMart. Why would I? They are no cheaper there on related products than anywhere else. They will most likely feel it financially after a while.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I've never purchase anything related from WalMart. Why would I? They are no cheaper there on related products than anywhere else. They will most likely feel it financially after a while.
    I still have friends who work at our local Walmart from when Sandy worked there. I still enjoy seeing them and talking to them. And I'm really debating with myself about what I'm going to do. As of now, Walmart is just ASKING customers not to carry in the store. It isn't policy...yet. I still carry in my pocket the badge I wore for twenty three years as an Air Force cop. In all reality, I AM a retired police officer, just not a CIVILIAN police officer. I had no authority over civilians in a civilian environment, only when they were on a federal reservation. But I was a police officer the same as anyone who ever wore a badge. Anyway, what I think I may do is lock my pistol in my car and when in the store observe if anyone else is still carrying and what reaction there is, if any, from store personnel. That's what I do when I go to Cabelas. Although they have no signs on their doors prohibiting wearing a firearm, I've never seen anyone wearing one in Cabelas. I asked an employee once what company policy was. He replied that as long as it is unloaded it was probably ok. I told him an unloaded gun was of no use if needed, that I didn't intend to throw it at a perp. Lots of stupid everywhere, and far too many in positions of making decisions are criminally void of common sense and totally out touch with reality. Problem is, there is no cure for them, and we can't shoot'em. The law unfortunately considers them human. I still think all this is leading up to a knock down, drag out before all is said and done. MOLON LABE!!!!!

I took this quote from walfart chief executive Doug McMillon:
    Walmart, which sells guns in about half of its 4,750 U.S. stores, will continue selling long-barrel deer rifles and shotguns, as well as well as other firearms and ammunition for hunting and sports shooting, McMillon said. It will also continue to allow customers to carry concealed firearms at Walmart and Sam’s Club store, as long as they have proper permits.

Proper permit?
    As of Nov. 1, 2019, the state of Oklahoma will have Constitutional Carry. No ''permit'' required.
    So, will there be permit police running around the store?

I went in there today, open carried, no one tried to run me off.
    They did try to check my receipt at the door, and I kept walking as usual, one these days they'll catch the hint that I will not submit.

The people behind the counter at sports said emails managers got were along the lines of protecting the employees (selling ammo).

Another thing...walfart quit selling pistols and revolvers back in the early 90's. I looked it up, all I'm seeing is Dec. of 1993, I thought it was before that.
    Something along the lines that people were bitching about handguns being in there whilst they were shopping for yard rakes, panties, kitchen wares, etc....
    If I remember right, there was a shooting, in a walmart in California right before they quit selling them, that was the reason if memory serves me.

They are in it for the Elmer Fudd's, and catering to the commie liberals.

I'm a fart in a whirlwind when it comes to spending money on goods, other than ammo, I did buy a lot there over the years.
    It was more of a handy type situation, where I'd replace say 100 rds I shot at the range.
    No problem, I spent that little in there in other goods, I can go to Orscelin's, Atwoods, pawnshops, or order ammunition, and other places to
    get what other goods I need.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.