Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dems are threatening SCOTUS!

Default Dems are threatening SCOTUS!

Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Ahhh....another hopeless empty substance move by the "dead man walking" dems to grasp at any votes they can..........I imagine this was not received well by the other members of the court including RBG.

Yep, RBG was the first to speak up against it..

they can threaten all they want - FDR did the same in his 2nd or 3rd term because SCOTUS wasn't cooperating with him >>> takes like 3/4 to make a judgeship change for SCOTUS and the Constitution ...

So basically, it's just noise to try to drum up votes?
    I think that will backfire on them exponentially!

Just do like Lincoln and arrest the dissenters.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Wish it were, but I don't think it's that easy, Chip.. Too many escape clauses!

Yeah, they're REALLY getting desperate now. What I read its more to do about "gun safety" and "gun control" than anything else. I could speculate further on their covert agenda but I'll defer until we see what happens in the next election. In shorth, though, seems these idiots just can't wait for the revolution to begin. I'll be delighted to assist in accommodating them. Stupid, self righteous, selfish, self important, arrogant, insolent twits! Better inventory my supply of whoop ass; make sure I have enough on hand for when the "festivities" begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    So basically, it's just noise to try to drum up votes?
    I think that will backfire on them exponentially!

5-6 of the bigger mouths didn't get their way in a 2A decision involving some NY gun BS that came up the court chain >>>> they are always thinking about what's coming - Ginsberg half dead and Trump looking at another 4 years ....

they are fully aware of what a 50-60-70 year span of a one-sided dominate SCOTUS can do to the guiding & leanings of the country >>>> they had that situation for decades on decades

In fairness, Scalia believed the court was becoming too political as well.

I have to say I think I agree. There shouldn't be liberal justices vs conservative justices - there should be judges seeking top notch jurisprudence and ideology be damned.

But the current issue of liberal politicians wanting to manipulate the structure of the court because they aren't getting decisions they like... that's anathema to the concept of separation of powers. To say it's troubling would be an understatement... more like alarming. I would have the same opinion if there were a liberal majority and it were conservatives that wanted to tinker with the slot machine to make every pull a winner (in their favor) - that's how you get an ideological regime, not how you get laws and practices that are consistent with the Constitution and compatible with real freedom as the founders envisioned.

This country is heading for a constitutional crisis of some kind.
    Last edited by bruss01; 08-13-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.