Thread: Missouri Walmart next targeted

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Default Missouri Walmart next targeted

This time it didn't work out as expected. An armed citizen (off duty fire fighter) nabbed perp as he was escaping, no shots fired due to early discovery.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/armed-man...art-police-say
    =
    Make America under God Again
    =

I don't think so >>> never intended to even shoot off one round - totally nutz ....

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    I don't think so >>> never intended to even shoot off one round - totally nutz ....
    Well, maybe he had a grocery list but wanted protection.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Why was he hosting a loaded rifle instead of a handgun for protection and why was he in full Camo and a bullet proof vest if he didn't intend to copycat the El Paso shooting?
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

The story I heard was he was a pro gun guy trying to "normalize" open carry of weapons. Really bad timing of an idea that wouldn't be a great idea even if it hadn't been done in the shadow of three mass shootings.
    I understand the idea .... but there's GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!!!!!

I call BS on that. If that is his reasoning, he wouldn't have been in full combat gear with a loaded rifle. A side arm would have surficed. We see that every day in my area. People walk around with a side arm attached to their hip all day long, in and out of stores and no one pays any mind to it. No, I think he had other ideas.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I call BS on that. If that is his reasoning, he wouldn't have been in full combat gear with a loaded rifle. A side arm would have surficed. We see that every day in my area. People walk around with a side arm attached to their hip all day long, in and out of stores and no one pays any mind to it. No, I think he had other ideas.
    I agree with you, Cammi. I think he was a "wannabe" who just got a case of cold feet and got caught before he could make a hasty exit. Maybe a small streak of decency somewhere deep inside him stopped him. Who knows? I carry everywhere I go, except places where it forbidden by law like gov't facilities, hospitals, Doctors' offices where they have signs posted about firearms being prohibited. Except my eye doctor. They have no such signs posted, and when I asked about it they had absolutely no objections to me carrying in their facility. Although not everyone around here carries, at least not openly, it isn't at all uncommon to see folks, men and women, carrying a sidearm. Hmmmmm! Wonder it that might have anything to do with the fact we've never had a problem with mass shootings around here. A LOT of folks here carry concealed, and a good number carry openly as I do. I've never had anyone raise any objections to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I honestly don't know whether or not I believe the ... "story".... which is why I refered to it as a "story." It certainly could be b.s. But all he apparently did was walk around and take selfies.

Either way it's dumb , or dumb AND dangerous.

The way today's media is, I find myself wondering just what is true or "fake news."