Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At the expense of seeming totally ignorant..

Default At the expense of seeming totally ignorant..

Would someone please explain this to me and how it benefits people? Does this mean this is a sellers market or buyers market, i.e.; buying/selling a home? I was never good at this! Sigh!

Also, would you please explain it in laimans terms for me? THANKS IN ADVANCE.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...s-july-meeting
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Would someone please explain this to me and how it benefits people? Does this mean this is a sellers market or buyers market, i.e.; buying/selling a home? I was never good at this! Sigh!

Also, would you please explain it in laimans terms for me? THANKS IN ADVANCE.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...s-july-meeting
    I will be watching for replies, as I haven't got a clue, either

Well, at least I'm not alone. We can appear ignorant together!

I'm no economist , but my understanding is that it saves people money on loans, such as home or car loans. Also , it makes American goods cheaper for foreign countries , meaning our companies sell more goods overseas. Not sure if this affects savings such as CD's , which would mean people make less interest on their savings. Maybe someone else can answer this question.

the economic big wigs are split on this strategy - cheap and eazy to access $$$$$$ will expand the market >>> no doubt - whether it will spur on a sustained upturn is the question - Are people confident enough to borrow more????

Sounds like pretty simple economics for both seller and buyer.
    I hope so IW. I'm in th middle of turning a home in Woodway. Very nice neighborhood. House is on a cul de sac, two story. 2,900 sq ft. Priced at $420,000. I want to get it sold quickly. I hate dealing with real estate. If interest rates are lower, this would help both me and the buyer.

One big change is that the interest on home loans should go down a bit.

Also, companies that borrow money to expand their operations (make more stuff, to sell) will pay a little less. Those with stocks (including things like retirement plans) will get a little more money.

And those people making the stuff get paid, and then go out and buy different stuff, growing the economy.
    Good medicine in bad places

Awesome!

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Eerrrr, I think it has to do with supply and demand and anything that indirectly affects that is a secondary cause. So, if there was an excess inventory of houses for sale, it is a buyers market, cause they have lots of choose from, and the seller is just one of many. Wheres a low inventory of houses, is a sellers market, as the buyers are competing for less number of available items.

In a twisted way, lowering the interest rate would increase the number of buyers able to afford an item, thereby pushing it towards a sellers market. However, potential sellers might think this is my chance to find a buyer and put their house on the market, which increases inventory, which makes it a buyers market.

At the end of the day, it is supply and demand, interest rate isn't a direct effect, by itself.
    =
    Make America under God Again
    =

Oh, you just HAD TO throw a monkey wrench in there, just to confuse me, didn'tcha! Pthpthpthpthpthpthpth!