Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Pandemic Survival Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    https://www.doomandbloom.net/a-new-pneumonia/ >>> Dr Bones is concerned about a new Chinese breakout - you should be also ....

Health authorities in China are reporting 60 cases or more of a previously unknown viral pneumonia that has put dozens in the hospital. Officials note that victims exhibit fever up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit, difficulty breathing, and abnormal findings on chest X-rays

Nothing gets my attention like a mysterious, probably viral, pneumonia showing up in some foreign land. In the last decade or so, killers like Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) have entered the scene. The current infection doesnít seem to be either of these, and lab studies have already eliminated influenza, avian flu, most bacteria, and other possible culprits. A number of victims were found to have attended a seafood market in the area.

***** UPDATE ****** first deaths are being reported as this bug spreads >>>>https://www.rt.com/news/477992-china...s-first-death/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/21/healt...-bn/index.html

CDC confirms first US case of Wuhan coronavirus

The United States has its first confirmed case of a new virus that appeared in Wuhan, China, last month, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Tuesday. The virus has already sickened hundreds and killed six people in Asia.

The male patient is in isolation at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Washington. He is a resident of Snohomish County in Washington.

Surprised we don't have a new thread for the Wuhan cornonavirus. It's apparently a bigger threat than SARS and is spreading fast.

We already have suspected cases in Washington state and another at LAX in Los Angeles. Major air hub with a virus carrier - not a pleasant thought.

"The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
    Surprised we don't have a new thread for the Wuhan cornonavirus. It's apparently a bigger threat than SARS and is spreading fast.

We already have suspected cases in Washington state and another at LAX in Los Angeles. Major air hub with a virus carrier - not a pleasant thought.

But, but, but...the dumocrats want to open our borders and let EVERYBODY in. We should be s-o-o-o-o-o-o-o much more inclusive. (GRRRRRR!! Where's my tomahawk and scalping knife?!!)

I made a new thread this morning on the Wuhan coronavirus but it has not shown up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I made a new thread this morning on the Wuhan coronavirus but it has not shown up yet.
    Democrats are paying handsomely to have it hushed up. Be careful what you post. They'll sic Hillary on you.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54x39l

Surviving Disaster - Pandemic >>>> was a TV series a number of years ago - this one deals with a terrorist chem attack on a subway train and then a pandemic outbreak >>> worth the 40 minutes if you haven't seen it

https://prepschooldaily.blogspot.com...u-already.html

The researchers studied naproxen's antiviral activity against influenza A and influenza B. It had previously been reported that naproxen had some effect against influenza A. What was found in this study is that naproxen inhibited virus replication both in the culture medium (in vitro) as well as in mice (in vivo). And as you know, mice and rats are common guinea pigs for medical experiments.

Not only that, the researchers also found that naproxen was better than oseltamivir (Tamiflu) in mice. And naproxen is more effective against influenza B than influenza A. (If the flu viruses would now just identify themselves when they infect, that would be super helpful.)

The authors conclude, "If naproxen is an effective anti-influenza drug for humans, it could be implemented into influenza treatment protocols more quickly than other antivirals in development."

In a nutshell, their preliminary research shows that Aleve is more effective than Tamiflu. In mice. Like the disclaimer above says, I'm not a doctor and this isn't medical advice. You need to talk to your doctor before using any medication.

I have never had the flu as far as I know. I have also never had a flu vaccine. It's cool that something simple like aleve could be helpful though.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.