Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Pandemic Survival Guide

Default The Ultimate Pandemic Survival Guide

"Pandemics are a major threat, and historically have been among the deadliest events to occur on earth since history was recorded. Germs afford you no time to get ready, so your best defense against these silent killers is strict adherence to good sanitation protocols.

In the event that you have warning of a pandemicís spread, you must act as quickly as possible and to enact proper procedures and prevent infection."

"All of the information in the following sections of this article is sourced from published guidelines and other information released by either the CDC or WHO. None of the following is homebrew advice, conjecture or scientific wild-haired guesses: when it comes to dealing with a threat that you cannot see or even detect before it is too late, you donít mess around with cockamamie theories and hope-for-the-best plans."

https://www.printfriendly.com/p/g/ZjKCnE

Pandemics are easy. You hole up and go nowhere. Use your preps until whatever it is dies out.

Yea, my concern is that DIL is RN but also severe diabetic. So slightly weakened physiologically, I'm guessing. Regardless, she would be working front line in a pandemic situation where I
    'd BO and have kids and families BO to ranch until it blows over.

Don't need someone bringing it to our BOL to expose all.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Yea, my concern is that DIL is RN but also severe diabetic. So slightly weakened physiologically, I'm guessing. Regardless, she would be working front line in a pandemic situation where I
    'd BO and have kids and families BO to ranch until it blows over.

Don't need someone bringing it to our BOL to expose all.

that's the general problem overall for everyone - being able to catch that pandemic start before it spreads tooooo bad - if you have kids or someone that takes public transportation >>>> quadruples the problem ....

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    that's the general problem overall for everyone - being able to catch that pandemic start before it spreads tooooo bad - if you have kids or someone that takes public transportation >>>> quadruples the problem ....
    That's right for most people because they all have to go to work. I'm retired and seldom go anyplace now, let alone during a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    That's right for most people because they all have to go to work. I'm retired and seldom go anyplace now, let alone during a pandemic.

what I don't see too often or even mentioned is prep readiness for an initial isolation for BOL arrivals - if there's late arrivals there should be no question of keeping the whole party separated >>> kind of a judgement call based on what the pandemic is all about and the local conditions ...

not alot of talk on how to handle the obviously infected that come bouncing off your defense perimeter ....

My wife and I both work in education so we are exposed to, quit literally, hundreds of kids a day. A pandemic is the one area that for us is the worst case scenario. One in which the outcome does not have a positive ending.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    My wife and I both work in education so we are exposed to, quit literally, hundreds of kids a day. A pandemic is the one area that for us is the worst case scenario. One in which the outcome does not have a positive ending.

best you can do is keep a box of baby butt wipes handy and keep sanitizing and sanitizing during the various outbreaks ...

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    That's where most of my close family are in pretty good shape, except daughter in law. Son is independent Petroleum Landman working from home or occasionally at office he shares with 2 other men. Daughter is Corporate chef for Taco Cabana a chain Tex Mex inTexas and a few in Florida I think. Anyway, Primarily works alone in a top secret kitchen complete with extra security measures like internet and phone jamming, several layers of security doors, and cameras everywhere. Safe. Her husband runs oilfield division of BFI or whatever they call themselves this week, and pretty much works alone.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

A friend is the contagious disease coordinator for the closest large hospital complex. She says that she is very surprised that there has not been a pandemic yet.