Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best tool sharpener?

Quote Originally Posted by Militant_Medic View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. That Tormec sharpener is incredible.
    It's the best I've ever witnessed. Plus it runs in water and keeps the metal cooler so the blade doesn't loose its temper.
    Last edited by bacpacker1513; 08-22-2020 at 05:53 PM.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

1" belt sander. El cheep-o from HF.

I use a large coarse stone and a large medium grit stone. For axes hatchets . Shovels macheteís etc. I use a work sharp
    Sometimes I use it to sharpen my axe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am terrible at sharpening tools. After hours of patiently working them over a whetstone, my tools always seem worse off than when I started. I bought a Tormec model 8 with a few jigs and I have been steadily adding jigs to the collection. No guess work. No complete ineptitude from the Uncle. None of that nonsense. That machine can sharpen ANYTHING. I spend 1/10th the time sharpening, and even my axe is ER sharp (that means you cut yourself with it, you are visiting the ER)
    "Strange how paranoia can link up with reality now and then." - Philip K. Dick

TORMEC ia the #1 best I've ever done. I am terrible with a stone, just never have gotten good at that skill. My step dad and grandpa both could get you to a fine shave fairly quickly with about anything. Me, I do good to get something to cut. Tormec makes things much more exact and is much faster.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by Militant_Medic View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. That Tormec sharpener is incredible.
    I looked it up, and at them prices I reckon I'll jes stay wif ma oil stone and elbow grease. allus worked afore fer me.