Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ross Perot gives Trump $100M

Default Ross Perot gives Trump $100M

Ross Perot was an amazing guy.
    if you have not read the book "On Wings of Eagles" it is a must read.
    about the lengths Perot went to rescue some of his employees that got imprisoned in Iran when the Shah fell.
    https://www.amazon.com/Wings-Eagles-...s&sr=1-1-fkmr1

Any in his death he continued to be a stand up guy.
    Ross Perot’s will explicitly instructs his 11 children to donate $9 million each to the Trump 2020 campaign. All 11 of them, Billy, Bobby, Lou, Kieth, Brenda, Gwen, Danny, Linda, Barb, Mary, Lorraine, and Joe, agreed immediately. The funds will be transferred by the end of the day tomorrow.
    so i guess the Keep America Great election committee now has $200 million in the coffers.
    that's going to drive the libertards bonkers

I now have some doubts about that all being true, but still Perot was an interesting guy

you really gotta read the book, it is thrilling and fascinating, but here's the gist of what Perot did for his people:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Perot later wrote that the American government wasn’t willing to help him. “The government wouldn’t do anything for us. Ask me if I tried to get our government to do anything and I will defy you to name one person in a prominent position that we didn’t make a personal appeal to. Just anybody you want to name. Some tried to help, but nobody was effective. A lot of them didn’t care. The State Department wasn’t really interested.”

Perot took matters into his own hands. He paid Col. Arthur Simons, who had led a raid on a north Vietnamese camp, to help, The Washington Post shared. The raid team was made of EDS employees who had military experience.

“One of the criteria was that these guys had to have been in live combat where they saw the man hit that they shot. Col. Simons said it’s totally different if you’re a pilot or something. He said on the ground it’s different,” Ross Perot wrote later.

They decided that attacking the Ghasr Prison where the employees were held was too risky and heavily guarded, so they would instead provoke a mob to attack Ghasr and hope the two could escape in all the confusion. The Washington Post noted that at the time, Iranian revolutionaries were willing to do this because the prison was a symbol of the deposed Shah.

Perot wrote that he went to the Tehran jail and talked to the employees in person.

He wrote: ” I figured that if it had been me in jail, and I’d seen that the top guy can come in here, talk to me, and leave, then things might not be so far gone as they appear to be. It would settle me down. One of the things we had to do was get these guys in the frame of mind where, when we had the jailbreak, they would function and get out and know what to do.”

Ross Perot was a guy before his time >>> he was trying to be Ronnie Regan - interesting as hell watching him debate ....

one of the things that just absolutely killed him was his choice of VP running mate - "The Admiral" was quite the man in his day but makes Bernie & Biden look like youthful teenagers ....

maybe he was an early version of Trump or kinda like a test run

Well, he trashed Texas education, so there's that.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I always knew that Ross Perot was a kindred soul who only wanted the very best for America, but unfortunately made a few bumbles along the way to getting elected.

What a ticket that would have been back in the day Perot/Trump or Trump/Perot !
    Last edited by ckelly78z; 07-12-2019 at 07:40 AM.

great story about Perot and a wounded veteran.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...can-tell-story

Great story about Perot. I knew he had been involved in the Iran deal. His dealing with Bull Simmons makes me wonder if he wasn't in some way with the attempt to rescue the POW's left behind in Nam. I know Simmons was heavily involved in that as well. Something now tells me Perot may have been secretly funding that attempt as well.

I felt horrible for Jeremiah Denton being put on the ticket with Perot as VP. The man served as a wonderful example, but had been thru so much in his life, he should never have had that put on him. He truly did show what a true hero was!
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

What did him in was the fact he was totally unprepared for the the Full-on character assassination machine (mainstream Media) of the DNC and establishment republicans. President Trump learned from that and was successful, because he used that publicity against the opposition.

Mr. Perot and We the People paved the way for Mr. Trump.
    We learn from history that we do not learn from history. Georg Wilhelm F. Hegel