Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbies !!! - Do Your OWN Research

Guzzlers are different from collecting moisture/water from air. Water from air collection is condensation collection. Not rain or snow. It's the same principal as a greenhouse in the sun. Condensation builds up and the condensation/water collected on the inside of a plastic sheet is directed to a container.
    What I do is place the plastic over a container and secure it around the edges, then place a small object like a stone in the middle outside of the plastic to direct the condensation down to where the stone is and the buildup drips into the container.

This process saved our bacon more than once. It's tough hauling gallons of water up those mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    I've seen "Guzzlers" all over west Texas utilizing that same principle to collect water from air. I'm guessing the plastic works just the same. Why do we not see Guzzlers in other parts of the state? Different atmospheric conditions, or is water just easier to acquire from pipelines, windmills, solar, or whatever?
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

I have a skid of bottled water in the basement. 12 5 gallon blue for grade Jerry's. And 3 55 gallon drums in the garage. Plus I have a nice little Creek o filter from. I can get great tasting , clean water from the creek threw a ceramic filter set-up have.. basicly 2 5 gal buckets with a ceramic filter between them. Should get me by or a few months. I'd use the 55 gal barrels first. And refill with filtered creek water. Save the bottled stuff incase we gotta leave.

We have a well that supplies the house and a hand pump incase of grid down. I still have stored water and gravity feed water barrels and several water storage tanks for consumption and for the gardens, but if for some horrible situation that would force us away from home, water from air if we had to flee, after our pack water is depleted and no water sources nearby. We pretty much have our water needs covered.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Oh yeah... I almost forgot... We have well water as well but have not used the pump assume in the 4 years we have lived here. Not sure how to even turn it on...lol

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Oh yeah... I almost forgot... We have well water as well but have not used the pump assume in the 4 years we have lived here. Not sure how to even turn it on...lol
    I would seriously think of pumping it out periodically, if you ever intend on using it.