Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: baofeng now illegal - FCC

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    Thanks 101. I've been looking at some various models.
    you're welcome. If you're not in a big hurry watch them for a while and you can sometimes get a deal. When I first looked at them they were $29 each. I ended up paying $23.

I keep one of these Baofeng radios in my locker at work with spare batteries...along with my Tecsun 660 short wave set.

Have another two Baofengs here next to this computer...and one in my radio room/man cave...though I also have VHF/UHF on my Icom and Yaesu base stations.

Baofeng and others ..their crime is out pricing the Stateside manufacturers.

I also have a Wouxan dual band mobile radio powered off my 25 amp power supply. Another Chinese model...and it too will transmit outside the Ham bands...

But Baofeng is the most popular of these Chinese type radios.....and priced much much less than a Yaesu, Icom, and or Kenwood walkie talkie.

That is their crime...

Ishmaelites at work...doing what Ishmaelites do.....censoring....economic censorship...economic hostage taking....economic bondage...limiting your economic choices.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Orangetom

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

I believe they aren't FCC certified, that would be the greater "crime"

and i will be turning my "illegal" radios in right after I turn in my bump stocks but unfortunately both have been lost in a boating accident

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    and i will be turning my "illegal" radios in right after I turn in my bump stocks but unfortunately both have been lost in a boating accident
    GOOD BOY, now SIT

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post

Hmmmmm....never thought about that....

My Baofengs..two of them..are right here next to this computer...I pulled out the battery and your are correct Winni...it does not say FCC type approved.

I never noticed that....don't really care...as well.

Thanks,
    Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

If I had ordered 10 recently utilizing the link provided, they would have come in today. Thanks for that link, had I actually ordered them. IYKWIM
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Explo 72,

Concerning this...

basically FCC is saying illegal to import, sell or use any hand held that can xmt outside the ham bands

This is such gas lighting on the part of the FCC.

I have four HF radios....receivers/transmitters two of which will transmit from on the AM broadcasting band/frequencies straight on through to the UHF frequency spread.
    Including the CB frequencies.

All four of them will transmit on the AM broadcasting frequency if I desire to so do.

This is not about transmitting outside the Ham bands......

So many people are buying these Chinese radios they are not buying Kenwoods, Icoms, and Yaesu radios. They are undercutting the price of other radios..and government is the tool being used to cut these lesser priced radios out of the marketplace.
    The FCC is trying to Herd the marketplace here.

I used my Baofeng Walkie talkie at work tonight...when not busy.

Have the batteries being charged up right now.

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite