Thread: apple juice and blood pressure....

Default apple juice and blood pressure....

I am on blood pressure medicine...

Most of the time I drink unsweet tea with Lemon juice. Sometimes I make the lemon juice into lemonade.

But lately I have been enjoying Apple Juice on the rocks...I like it very cold.

What I seem to notice is that if I drink apple juice....and take my medicine ...my blood pressure is a bit lower than normal.

I do not know if it is the apple juice having such an effect on my blood pressure. I am not complaining about it...just notice it as a bit odd.

I was thinking my blood pressure monitor was broken...but a scheduled trip to the doctors office verified pretty much what my BP monitor was reading.

I sometimes run 130 to the 140s on the high number and 80 to 90 on the low number...

But of late with the apple juice...it seems I am running in the 120s to 130s on the high number and 65 to high 70s on the low number. I am not accustomed to the low number being that low.

The only thing really changed here is I drink a lot of apple juice on the rocks. Doctor seems not to think there is any connection...

Any of the members have any such experience with apple juice.??? Inquiring minds and all that kind of stuff???

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.

O.T., the caffiene in the tea is probably the difference.

Dunno about the apple juice, but I've been taking herbal supplements for my HBP and by gosh, they work. I have already been able to cut my diuretic by 50%. My intent is to get completely off of any medications....

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Quote Originally Posted by borrego View Post
    Dunno about the apple juice, but I've been taking herbal supplements for my HBP and by gosh, they work. I have already been able to cut my diuretic by 50%. My intent is to get completely off of any medications....
    Care to elaborate on what herbals you use ?

Blood Pressure Optimizer and Kyolic Garlic Formula have worked so far pretty well. I'm also going to try large doses of Magnesium and Potassium in addition, based on some research on another forum.

Thanks for the info Borrego.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Ditto !!

I have read that apple cider vinegar helps reduce cholesterol/plaque build-up in veins and arteries , anyone else heard this ?

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I have read that apple cider vinegar helps reduce cholesterol/plaque build-up in veins and arteries , anyone else heard this ?
    I used to drink some when I got up in the morning. I can't tell if has helped reduce cholesterol/plaque build-up but I can attest that it works better than the morning coffee...

Don't know bout all this. I just drink it sometimes just because I like the taste. A tablespoon of organic vinegar in a a glass of water. I have read that for those who spend a lot of time out in the heat of summer, a teaspoon of vinegar in a quart of your drinking water will enable you to work longer and feel less effect of the heat. It supposedly effects the hypothalamus gland which regulates the body's temperature. I've tried it and it seems to do so for me.