Thread: Dewalt 2,000 watt power inverter found for $30

Default Dewalt 2,000 watt power inverter found for $30

A local resale shop sometimes has really good deals, but you have to know what you are looking for and be prepared to take a chance.

So walking through there today I came across a good looking Dewalt power inverter in the original box! Unfortunately there were no cables that are supposed to come with it. After smelling the inverter at the fans I decided it was worth a $30 chance.

After getting it home and making new cables along with proper fusing, I found it not powering up. Ok, time to take a peek inside. Took the back plate off and what do I see? A blown internal fuse! 20 minutes later after soldering some copper wire across the blown fuse, now it works great! Typically these internal fuses blow when the input voltage drops while under a large load. When the input voltage drops, the unit pulls more amperage to try to maintain power output. That is when fuses blow.

Tomorrow Iíll put my meter on it to see what voltage it is putting out. If it is putting out good power then Iíll keep it. If the voltage is too high or too low then Iíll put it up for sale on Craigslist and double my money.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Good find!