Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Looks more and more like. We are going to war....

cruise missile is a cruise missile and a drone is a drone >>> there's all kinds of unmanned vehicles and it doesn't make them anything alike ...

Three big differences, Cruise missile has much different power plant and bigger weapons payload, nor real recon capabilities.
    Drones are slower, loitter longer, relay video, small payload in general.
    But are very similar, remote piloting, etc
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

drones are not new....and have been around for a long long time.....

Albeit electronics advancements has changed and or improved their capabilities today ..

'
    Here..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Firebee

Note the dates on this equipment'/drones and todays upgrades..updates.

I have seen a C 130 aircraft specifically configured to carry four of these Ryan Firebee Drones.

While I don't know if it was actually used...the SR 71 aircraft had a special drone made for it..to be carried piggyback on it.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom

If this was done by Iran they are desperate....

I suspect that they are trying to break the sanctions
    I agree, I think the sanctions are really hurting them. Supposedly their inflation is over 50%

I understand that Iran is pushing every button they have to goad POTUS into a war that will only look bad on us. We have no reason to defend Saudi Arabia. Let them defend themselves. Having said that. It's a good thing I am not President. Because I would probably launch 100 or so cruise missiles on every major refinery, air field, air defense system , naval base, and nuclear facility in Iran. Not to mention the residences of all the Mullahs. Good thing I ain't in charge.

We have no reason to defend Saudi Arabia
    Don't we have a treaty with SA that says we WILL defend them?

We have one with SA and Israel both...;but not well known to the general public...the specific details.

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite

I think Trump said it best. "We, (The USA) are not the world police. You want our help? Then you have to pay. No more free rides on the American people's purse."
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

I don't really see what all the hub bub is about? The Question is should the U.S. get involved? Yes, or No. The next question it seems is did Iran launch drones or cruise missiles....Well lets just say Iran doesn't have any satellites in space for targeting. What could we do about that? Maybe use a drone to be a laser targeting device...Why is this so hard for people to understand???

Personally I think if Trump wanted things cleared up he could do it very easily. Let Israel know that what ever they use to deal with Iran over this the U.S. will replace or pay to replace. Trump could then stick the bill on SA...Israel has Jericho ground to ground missiles that are just as accurate as what the U.S. has....Israel has the drone technology to do just about any targeted assassination they choose against whom ever in the region.

Israel could use any excuses they wanted. From tomorrow forth any attack on Israel by any Iranian backed group with culminate with retaliation against those that do the attack and those that paid for it....Hamas rioting at Gaza border fence, throwing grenades, kite bombs shootings etc. The proxies get a huge slap, and Iran gets a targeted attack on Gov Military echelon!! No problems, Israel has plenty of Farsi speakers to tell the Iranian people we are sorry its your leaders fault, and we are attacking them...You never know maybe some of the opposition might take up arms and deal with the problem...Or all the major leaders are dead in a short time. Any how problems solved!!!

If there are no more attacks by Iran in the immediate future I would expect this to all blow over.