Thread: immigrant sponsors on the hook

Default immigrant sponsors on the hook

sorry for starting a new thread, I looked for an old one to add this to
    but i though it encouraging that POTUS keeps finding ways to make life difficult for illegals
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
    The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service has begun to remind immigrants that if they receive any welfare benefits prior to becoming a citizen, their sponsors will be responsible for paying back the government.

If the sponsored immigrant receives any federal means-tested public benefits, the sponsor will be expected to reimburse the benefits-granting agency for every dollar of benefits received by the immigrant, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) wrote on Twitter on June 14.

Immigrants who apply for permanent residency and citizenship in the United States are required to find a sponsor who guarantees to support them financially. The affidavit of support is a legally enforceable contract between the sponsor and the government. The financial obligation usually ends once the immigrant becomes naturalized or after the immigrant completes 10 years of full-time work.

The USCIS is taking the step in response to a presidential memorandum signed by President Donald Trump in May. The order directs federal agencies to update their regulations to comply with a federal law which prohibits non-citizens from receiving public benefits.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-...e_2963808.html

That's great news , but doesn't help pay for the 100,000 who cross the border every month without a sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    That's great news , but doesn't help pay for the 100,000 who cross the border every month without a sponsor.
    That would be an easy fix. If they can't prove they have a sponsor they get nothing, nada, zilch, zero.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    That would be an easy fix. If they can't prove they have a sponsor they get nothing, nada, zilch, zero.
    If the agencies handing out money were accountable for accuracy.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

It still won't curb over population but it's a great start to help tax payers to not foot the bill. Maybe some of these open border fanatics will think twice about supporting open borders. Also, enforce serious penalties against employees who hire illegals.
    There also needs to be something done about doling out SS cards to non-citizens without a work visa.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

After college daughter decided on Culinary school which complimented her major, BS food science. Her class was all BS degrees in food or hospitality. So pretty prestigious culinary school in St Helena, Cali attracts students from all over the world. She had a classmate from India that wanted to stay in states. Initially I told daughter that I would sponsor her, but when a Cali attorney started a hard sell on signing a LPA, I backed off. Sure glad he was so forceful and that always shuts me down. No telling what I might have been liable for.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields