Thread: smackdown Oberlin College SJW

Default smackdown Oberlin College SJW

some people are fighting back against the SJW (Social Justice Warriors) blackmail and intimidation.
    Like the Christian baker in Colorado.
    and Gibson's Bakery in Ohio
    first the punch line and then some background
    after a three year legal battle a common sense jury of their peers awarded the bakery 11 million in actual damages and 33 million in punitive damages showing that the deplorables are fed up. I say bravo and let's have some more !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gibson’s Bakery in Oberlin, Ohio, has been in business since 1885.

It sells a variety of baked goods along with wine and other foods.

On November 9, 2016, Gibson’s employees noticed what they thought was a person shoplifting two bottles of wine hidden in his jacket. That alleged shoplifter was a black Oberlin College student. When they attempted to stop and photograph him, they were attacked by several other people accompanying the student.

The police were called. The Oberlin town police department has posted the Incident Report online, reflecting the arrest of the alleged shoplifter and two others involved in the scuffle. Here is the first paragraph of the police report:

On Wednesday, November 9, 2016, at approximately 4:58pm, officers responded to the area of Gibson’s Bakery in reference to a report of a fight in progress. As officers were responding to the area, dispatch advised that this was involving an alleged theft complaint. Dispatch advised that Allyn Gibson, who is an employee of Gibson’s Bakery, was attempting to apprehend a subject who Allyn had witnessed attempt to steal several items. As officers approached the area, Sgt. Ortiz, and Officer Feuerstein both stated they observed Allyn Gibson lying on his back with several individuals kneeling over him punching and kicking him with several other individuals in the immediate area. Officers attempted to gain control of the situation and were met several times with resistance from several different individuals. After a few minutes officers were finally able to take one female into custody and calm the incident and attempt to figure out what had taken place.

“Hold Gibson’s accountable” and “Gibson’s is racist,” chanted a throng of about 150 Thursday outside the West College Street bakery.

Oberlin College students, bearing signs saying “No justice, no peace” and “End racial profiling,” protested for hours and called for a boycott of the 131-year-old business. While they took care not to block the entrance, they did hurl expletives at the few customers who entered.

“This is a racist establishment with a long account of racial profiling and discrimination,” said literature provided by OC dean of students Meredith Raimondo, who stood with the crowd….

Trey James, a worker at Gibson’s, said the 19-year-old was actually 17 and had attempted to shoplift alcohol. He denied the choking allegation, saying he was an eye-witness to the Tappan Square portion of the incident.

“When you shoplift you get arrested. It doesn’t matter what your sexual orientation is or your religion or your ethnicity. If you shoplift, you get busted,” he said.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2016/1...unity-support/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oberlin College hit with maximum PUNITIVE DAMAGES (capped at $22 million by law) in Gibson’s Bakery case

Daniel McGraw, our reporter in the courtroom, reports that in addition to the $11.2 million compensatory damages awarded last Friday, the jury awarded a total of $33 million in punitive damages,

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/0...s-bakery-case/

Yeah, I saw this. About darned time the "entitled" learn they are not as "entitled" as they think. I sure hope this is upheld in an appeals court, 'cause I'm certain it will be appealed.
    Last edited by beowulf; 06-14-2019 at 10:02 AM.

I was gonna say that it couldn't have happened to a nicer target, but then I thought about UC Bezerkeley, and Colorado Boulder, and UCLA and ...

Feel free to fill in the blank space.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Vale74 View Post
    I was gonna say that it couldn't have happened to a nicer target, but then I thought about UC Bezerkeley, and Colorado Boulder, and UCLA and ...

Feel free to fill in the blank space.
    That would be an endless list, and one would get writer's cramp trying to complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    That would be an endless list, and one would get writer's cramp trying to complete it.
    I'm sure everybody'll have their local favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Vale74 View Post
    I'm sure everybody'll have their local favorites.
    YUP!!

It would make a great movie

I am very gratified to hear of this verdict...and hope it reminds colleges of their job in this country....the education of the students...not social justice warriors.

Black Lives Matters...BLM ....in like manner to the LGBT movements..the feminists, and or ANTIFA have shown themselves to be mostly social shakedown groups...hell bent on shaking down the entire nation..and holding them hostage..bullying them into compliance...with their politics...religion .and or belief system.

And American colleges have made the mistake of climbing into bed with them....while themselves doing exactly what these groups do...."Scream Victim " while shaking down the nation. Ishmaelites run wild.!!

I think with what went on with Antifa and BLM...the nation has become disgusted with them...and colleges as institutions of higher learning. The leftists leading this nation and in particular under the Obama Administration encouraged this type of conduct...as the moral high ground. It has clearly shown itself to be nothing more than a shakedown of the type so long used by Jesse and Al. More Ishmaelites.

Our colleges in like manner to the Media have become social shakedown artists....just like the feminists..like LGBT...and Antifa.....they are working together to shakedown the nation socially and hence politically...to put this nation into their Ishmaelite bondage.

For those who do not know..historically ...young people make the best cannon fodder. To bad this history is denied to young people in our institutions of higher learning...and replaced with entitlement.

I am gratified to see that these leftists groups have now overextended themselves...and been caught short.

I am certain that this will be a wake up call to all colleges and universities across this land.

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    I am certain that this will be a wake up call to all colleges and universities across this land.
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite
    You would think, OT......you would think......

I see them all today as being so stupid/spoiled/smug that they may miss the writing on the wall. They seem to think that they can do whatever they want to....because they are 'special'

Quote Originally Posted by borrego View Post
    You would think, OT......you would think......

I see them all today as being so stupid/spoiled/smug that they may miss the writing on the wall. They seem to think that they can do whatever they want to....because they are 'special'

Colleges and universities watch their dollar levels/threshold more than they dare to make public. Their main problem is that the radical leftist professors they hire with tenure do not. They are emotional drama queens hell bent on chaos cultivation among untutored uneducated overly emotional undisciplined entitled thinking students. They use these students as cannon fodder to carry out the dreams of their youth.

Put another way..as quoted from Saul Alinsky......"The first radical....Lucifer."

I am hoping that this case will be a marker ..putting colleges and universities on notice...about their brand of two legged wildlife....for which they are want to sponsor...educate/indoctrinate and promote.

But agree with your basic premise....

Special....LOL LOL LOL LOL...special...Wow...Yes...Cannon Fodder is special....often because the Cannon Fodder has no clue they are being "especially" used as cannon fodder.

It works best that way ..when the Mark never sees it coming.

In this case ..their cannon fodder backfired on them and about time too.

My Non Ishamelite .02,

Orangetom