Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Popular vote compaq

Default Popular vote compaq

Oregon governor signed a bill into law that will give all the states electoral votes to the winner of the popular vote. Article stated Oregon is the 15th state to join the Compaq. I didn't read enough of the article to see if it stated who the other 14 states were, but I can probably guess most of them. One way or the other they're hell bent on destroying the electoral college, dissolving the intent of it...to make sure the states with a small population count. Folks, I see no way this liberal dabbling ISN'T going to result in one helluva revolt before its all over. Talk about rigging an election! Wonder if SCOTUS will be brought into this and what they will say if they are.

There needs to be a suit filed right away and get taken to the SC. That crap isn't legal in any shape.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Openly rigged election. They won't get away with it!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Can you imagine voting for the president, getting the required electoral college votes to win your state, but because the popular vote went to the "other guy," your state gives the electoral vote to that "other guy?????"

I'd revolt.

I believe if my state did this, I'd just give up thinking I had a voice in presidential elections any longer.

Oh....and, I'd buy more ammo!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Openly rigged election. They won't get away with it!
    We can hope, but I just don't get any warm, fuzzy feeling about it. Track record is that when the left "stacks the deck" in their favor, those in position of authority to do anything about it tend to look the other way. Plus, if fourteen other states have already done so, and nothing has been done about it, that doesn't lend much to positive thinking about it. Yet, there is still time to correct it...if anyone will.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    Can you imagine voting for the president, getting the required electoral college votes to win your state, but because the popular vote went to the "other guy," your state gives the electoral vote to that "other guy?????"

I'd revolt.

I believe if my state did this, I'd just give up thinking I had a voice in presidential elections any longer.

A H-U-G-E 10-4 on all this. If the Lord sees fit to allow me to remain here long enough I plan to vote in the 2020 election...and see how things go. After that, right now its anybody's guess. I may just sit on the front porch with my rifle and bow close to hand and be ready.

There would be an uprising and a serious one...not just riots. These progressive don't realize what they're up against.
    DON'T TREAD ON ME actually has a meaning!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post

I'd revolt.

Only difference Id say is at that point it would be buying time is over its time to use more ammo

As much as I like states rights arguments, I'm thinking that a federal standard must be met for a states votes to count in the election. if that state chooses not to abide by federal standards, maybe their votes don't count, and maybe the representatives from that state don't count. It just makes sense to crack down on this crap. I really don't GAS about what they do in these left coast states, but I'll be damned if I allow the antics of those states disenfranchise me and my vote. It could get ugly quick.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I have to wonder how many of those 15 states voted red in 2016.