Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: UK maritime group urges ‘extreme caution’ after unspecified incident

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default UK maritime group urges ‘extreme caution’ after unspecified incident

    UK maritime group urges ‘extreme caution’ after unspecified incident in Gulf of Oman

    This sounds serious!

    https://www.foxnews.com/world/uk-mar...n-gulf-of-oman
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    under the sea
    Posts
    782

    Default

    Iran blew up some limpet mines on some ships,not long ago. The Huthie rebels attacked resort in Saudi Arabia and killed 26 people with drones or missiles. Iranian assets have been hitting at everyone who opposes them. Mostly U.S. allies. No direct attacks on U.S. personnel yet.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    with the last ship mining they analyzed the attack and found an Iraian "salvage" ship nearby the probable mine planting area >>>> guess what happens this time around???

    Iran has been warned several times about attacks on US allies and their 3rd party proxy attacks >>> going to see something happen this time ....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East TN Smokey Mountains
    Posts
    4,945

    Default

    they aren't stupid enough to target any military vessel, but there are lots of soft targets in that straight
    they have been saying for years they will shut the straight
    at some point somebody is going to get fed up and do something, I hope it is not us - we aren't the worlds policeman.
    actually since the US is now much less dependent on imported crude the countries that will get hit economically are the biggest importers of oil which would be China, India & Japan. Which means we have less incentive to fix this problem.

    Russia & OPEC gets higher prices as a by product.

    gonna scramble the world economic scene I think.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Morgan County, Alabama
    Posts
    3,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    they aren't stupid enough to target any military vessel, but there are lots of soft targets in that straight
    they have been saying for years they will shut the straight
    at some point somebody is going to get fed up and do something, I hope it is not us - we aren't the worlds policeman.
    actually since the US is now much less dependent on imported crude the countries that will get hit economically are the biggest importers of oil which would be China, India & Japan. Which means we have less incentive to fix this problem.

    Russia & OPEC gets higher prices as a by product.

    gonna scramble the world economic scene I think.

    I hope it IS us because I think Trump would let loose H3ll itself on them if they messed with us.

    But in reality I think that Iran will keep messing with soft targets.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,360

    Default

    At some point if they keep messing with soft targets they will get enough of the wrong targets. I say this because in the long run...they will be messing with insurance companies....one of which is a company called Lloyds of London...and it's subsidiaries.

    You mess with these insurance companies enough....and they will themselves call down hell....to protect their investments....even if they have to resort to private armies and navies.

    I am not sure many of us are thinking this through. I'm not sure Iran is thinking this through ...nuclear weapons or not...

    Messing with the USA is one thing..but messing with international finance and insurance companies is something totally different. This is a very very different kind of Ishmaelite when you are messing with finance...companies...loaning monies on these ships, cargos, and the insurance companies who insure the loans and the ships.cargos both.

    IT will be two different Ishmaelites messing with each other.


    My non Ishmaelite .02,

    Orangetom

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    At some point if they keep messing with soft targets they will get enough of the wrong targets. I say this because in the long run...they will be messing with insurance companies....one of which is a company called Lloyds of London...and it's subsidiaries.

    You mess with these insurance companies enough....and they will themselves call down hell....to protect their investments....even if they have to resort to private armies and navies.

    I am not sure many of us are thinking this through. I'm not sure Iran is thinking this through ...nuclear weapons or not...

    Messing with the USA is one thing..but messing with international finance and insurance companies is something totally different. This is a very very different kind of Ishmaelite when you are messing with finance...companies...loaning monies on these ships, cargos, and the insurance companies who insure the loans and the ships.cargos both.

    IT will be two different Ishmaelites messing with each other.


    My non Ishmaelite .02,

    Orangetom
    Very astute observation, OT. Not sure there's any binding "law", just agreements about countries not wanting armed merchant vessels in their water/harbors and with the economic power wielded by Lloyd's and the others, we could see some vigilante justice dispensed in the very near future. If that'll get the job done without us havin' to do too much, that's fine with me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Vale74 View Post
    Very astute observation, OT. Not sure there's any binding "law", just agreements about countries not wanting armed merchant vessels in their water/harbors and with the economic power wielded by Lloyd's and the others, we could see some vigilante justice dispensed in the very near future. If that'll get the job done without us havin' to do too much, that's fine with me.
    Agree Rich_Vale74...agree.

    Orangetom
    Not an Ishamelite

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Vale74 View Post
    Very astute observation, OT. Not sure there's any binding "law", just agreements about countries not wanting armed merchant vessels in their water/harbors and with the economic power wielded by Lloyd's and the others, we could see some vigilante justice dispensed in the very near future. If that'll get the job done without us havin' to do too much, that's fine with me.
    I'm with ya 100% Rich. Time people took care of their own problems instead of yelling for the U. S. to handle it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East TN Smokey Mountains
    Posts
    4,945

    Default

    pics
    https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/st...639936/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/PressTV/status/1...099079/video/1
    https://twitter.com/FarsNews_Agency/...755072/photo/1

    interesting thing to me is that both are precisely mid ship and both starboard side, which means probably not a floating mine.
    I am guessing limpet mine placed in port, but could be a torpedo I guess.
    but placing a delayed action charge while the vessel was stationary in port would be much easier and less risky than trying to attach a moving vessel.
    either

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •