Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UK maritime group urges ‘extreme caution’ after unspecified incident

Not likely. I still thing it's a false flag. Powers that be wants Iran taken out.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

If anything, I do hope that this serves as a wake up call for both the Japanese Government and the people of Japan. They need to start building offensive capabilities for their military so that they can defend their interests abroad and to counter a rising China and unstable North Korea. Lastly, the Iranian military should be punished with limited military airstrikes IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    If anything, I do hope that this serves as a wake up call for both the Japanese Government and the people of Japan. They need to start building offensive capabilities for their military so that they can defend their interests abroad and to counter a rising China and unstable North Korea. Lastly, the Iranian military should be punished with limited military airstrikes IMO.
    I can agree...to a point. Something certainly needs to be done, but caution needs to be exercised as it could be a two edged sword. Way things are now, who knows what small action/incident may spread into what will eventually lead into WWIII. These actions by Iran, or whomever it is, may have already started the ball rolling. But, OTOH, hell, maybe it just time for it. Hate to sound so cynical, but... Thing that would really piss me off about that is it would necessitate postponing our purge of the scum on our own soil who desire to destroy America.
    Last edited by beowulf; 06-16-2019 at 01:02 AM.

I agree with others that this has all the fingerprints of a false flag operation.

The day this occurred, the crew reported drone activity right before the explosion. If Iran truely wants to close the straight, they will not strike a ship above the water line. It will be below the water line to cause an oil spill and delay opening of the straight even longer.

It was also reported what the cargo was on each of the 2 ships. One ship was carrying naphtha and the other methanol. Neither of those burn with a very thick black plume of smoke. Methanol burns with an invisible flame and virtually no smoke while naphtha burns with a very bright yellow flame with very little smoke.

So someone is blowing smoke up our dresses and it ain’t Iran. My guess is it is the deep state. They are trying to change the narrative on the news, which here lately has been more and more about the border crisis. The deep state is getting desperate as they feel the noose tighten.

One sure way to tell if this is a false flag is this: If Loyds of London does nothing to protect their investment, it is a false flag.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

recently coming out that Iran was attacking US surveillance drones covering that tanker attack area - they shot down a drone a few days prior and made a missile attack again a few hours prior ...

Sen Lindsey Graham wants an attack on Iran in response - either hit some of their navy or a refinery complex ....

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    recently coming out that Iran was attacking US surveillance drones covering that tanker attack area - they shot down a drone a few days prior and made a missile attack again a few hours prior ...

Sen Lindsey Graham wants an attack on Iran in response - either hit some of their navy or a refinery complex ....
    Whatever is done, I just hope we don't get the cart ahead of the horse. The middle East is a very delicate, flammable situation. A single spark could become a huge, raging out of control wildfire that destroys thousand and thousands of acres of precious forest, not to mention the property damage and loss of life. Any of these "small incidents" could potentially be that single spark. Davy Crockett said it best, "be sure you're right, then go ahead".

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post

I know somebody who was involved in Operation Nimble Archer. That appeared to be effective at the time and something similar might work now.

I'm with the Olde Timer on this in that caution needs to be the word of the day....don't get too eager to pull the trigger.

Many many years ago...when the Iranian Republican guard radicals were operating speed boats off of abandoned Oil platforms...going after oil traffic..and we attacked some of them...sitting ducks on these platforms ..no where to go.

As I recall the basics...the Iranians called for help and the Iranian Navy sent out a ship called a Corvette...smaller than a destroyer but carrying a surface to surface missile load out.

This ship just cleared port and the US Navy hit it with a Harpoon missile..right into the communications/command center of the ship. This is how a Harpoon is designed to impact.

Those sailors had less than no chance..once the Harpoon was "Locked On." Less than Zero chance. The Harpoon is that deadly and can be launched from a surface ship, an aircraft and or a submarine.

I have seen the dummy shapes of the Harpoon missile loaded onto the racks of a 688 class submarine for testing the torpedo handling system to see if this weighted dummy can be properly handled, loaded, and moved around the torpedo room. The MK 48 Torpedo dummy too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpoon_(missile)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_48_torpedo

Do you people not think that any target of value in Iran is already known and bracketed...has a huge X on it..across the Iranian nation????

That there is a series of such target folders marked "Iran." out there.??? Ready to go..on a moments notice???

Do you not realize that we have such folders being readied and updated marked "Canada"/"Mexico" and almost any other nation you can mention or think???

I am in no hurry to go hot over this and believe we have a number of bought and sold operatives on our side of the house including in the media ready to have us go hot once again for someone else's profits....and with out finest blood.

I know a handful of names ..personally ...on that Vietnam Memorial Wall...how about you members???

My father , may he rest in Peace...knew some from WW2 and Korea too.

No hurry...we have way too many of our finest blood buried all over this globe fighting and dying for someone else's profits.

Don't get in a hurry here....that you find yourself siding with Ishmaelites on this side of the fence..here in America...and for someone else's profits...some of them not even American.

My non Ishamelite .02,

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 06-16-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Vale74 View Post
    I know somebody who was involved in Operation Nimble Archer. That appeared to be effective at the time and something similar might work now.

very controversial at the time - never really had been done before and its legality was questionable >>> military wise it kicked azz - the Navy had a hole in its helicopter capability that a few borrowed Army choppers solved ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Vale74 View Post
    A surgical strike. Could have the desired effect, but again, the timing. Further, its way past time other countries jumped in and learned to fight their own battles and not sit back and wait for the U. S. to take care of their business for them. We don't have all the answers and we cure can't solve everyone else's problems...nor should we be expected to. Time for the rest of the world to grow up.