Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Atlas Shrugged

Default Atlas Shrugged

So my wife and I have been wanting to watch it, but we donít really know what it is all about. So can I get the Cliff Notes on this by someone who has seen it? All we know is people have told us it is a good show/movie to see.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

It's EXCELLENT!!! We have all three of them on DVD. I'm not going to give you much because it will spoil it for you but, it's basically politicians run amuck to enrich themselves under the guise of " for the greater good of the people" and capitalism is squeezed out by political corruption.. John Galt is a person who developed an engine that would serve all mankind, and vows to stop the engine/ motor of the world... He created a portal and over time transports those who have contributed to mankind through their profession, to another place with their consent and they together create a place where their skills are appreciated. There are players who stay behind to fight the corrupt system and their goods are ripped from them eventually.

When you watch it, watch it without any interruptions. It probably the best movies I've ever seen and so true in comparison to what we are beginning to experience now. You won't regret it. It's an eye opener for sure!
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 06-10-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Think about the effects of excessive/over regulation of markets and businesses.

. Much more than excessive.... More, pure and unadultered theft by our corrupt government.

Great book. Great author. If you like reading do the books too.

So the ancient god atlas carries the world on his shoulders. So what happens when he stops is kind of the whole deal with it. Also read the fountain head. Another good one.
    Vox Populi!

You will finally find out who is John Galt.
    Good medicine in bad places

Thanks for the info...I thought it was a musical for some reason.

A musical??? Lmao!!! Waaaay far from it!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    . Much more than excessive.... More, pure and unadultered theft by our corrupt government.
    I thought this was a movie.....didn't know it was about present day stuff.....

Is it really old or did I just totally miss it somehow?
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.