Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WW3 China

When I joined the military in ‘93 I found out from fellow older troops that the house that I mostly grew up in was used for training purposes. The house was on top of a hill above most everything around it with a steep drop off on one side down to a large creek. Quit often Huey’s would fly at tree top height. I would wave to the troops inside and most of the time could see them wave back. As a kid it was cool. As an adult it kinda freaked me out.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

OT,
    I have read about the wolf packs, and how they dealt with shipping. Also aware that post ww2 the British took the German officer who was in charge of the German subs. From what I have read and understand mind you that is the reason graduates from the British Sub captain school are feared....The Chinese send their sub captains to that school..

How many hunter killer subs do the Chinese have? Next question would be are they the only ones we would be dealing with??

Yes, the U.S. has the wonderful missiles that are fire and forget type stuff. I'm sure I have no idea about numbers of on hand stocks. I seem to remember this idiot president who fired a whole bunch of cruise missiles at some places in the Sudan. I also recall people saying each one of them cost so much and we just fired off a couple hundred million dollars worth of missiles to destroy a few thousand dollars worth of equipment. I also seem to recall someone saying how long it would take to replace those used, and how we had used over half our stores, at that time....

So these missiles are a finite resource.... Which leads us to the old communist ideology of you only have a hundred of them so we send 500. You get to pick which hundred your going after and the other four hundred will complete the mission....

Just like many here, I believe that the Chinese military isn't the threat currently to the U.S. that it is to its neighbors. BUT and Yes there is always a but!!! For how much longer will this remain true???

Finris,

British took the German officer who was in charge of the German subs. From what I have read and understand mind you that is the reason graduates from the British Sub captain school are feared.
    The Perisher Course is and has been one of the most grueling leadership schools in the West....It appears to me to be designed to weed out/eliminate all but the best in leadership. Those who can function under extreme and demanding conditions.

The Chinese send their sub captains to that school..
    Are the British this stupid now days..or hurting for cash to support government welfare rolls/immigrants???

How many hunter killer subs do the Chinese have? Next question would be are they the only ones we would be dealing with??
    I don't know exactly how many hunter killer submarines the Chinese have. No they would not be the only ones we would be dealing with out at sea. We would be dealing with the fleets of other nations as well. The Chinese also have SSBN boats as well as hunter killer or fast attack boats. We would be tracking all of them...not just hunter killer/attack boats. Also tracking their surface ships as well....military as well as commercial.

Someone in the west has been using the Chinese as a fear tool against us as Americans...just as they did the Soviets in their day.

You gotta be afraid.....constantly given something to stoke your fears...that way we can be more easily controlled.

Orangetom

Not an Ishamelite.