Thread: Mexico tariffs - Brilliant!

Default Mexico tariffs - Brilliant!

What a great idea! Totally 'Trumpian'.....

A 5% tariff goes into effect June 10th, with a 5% raise every month until it reaches 25%. This might make Mexico get off their butts and do what they should have done all along.

Of course, the local news spin was typical - "Oh this is going to hurt Americans more than Mexico...The cost of strawberries is going to increase.....This is horrible....Trump is an idiot...."

BS - This is going to force Mexico to do something methinks.... at the least its a very good start......

Markets have been in a correction for a couple of weeks now. Definitely a down turn in the market that couple lead to hard times. While donít in theory disagree with the tariffs I do realize this could end up sucking for a lot of people. Time to double down and the three Bs guys.
    Vox Populi!

Quote Originally Posted by porkingporkpork View Post
    Markets have been in a correction for a couple of weeks now. Definitely a down turn in the market that couple lead to hard times. While donít in theory disagree with the tariffs I do realize this could end up sucking for a lot of people. Time to double down and the three Bs guys.
    Yes this may cause some price increases for some...but this border security issue is critical for the Country. If strawberry prices go up for 6 months, don't buy any/get frozen ones/grow your own.....If Auto prices go up 25%, just wait to buy a car until next year. It's time Americans sacrificed at least a little to save the country - I just have trouble with the news media's obvious (to me) bias in the reporting of the story. Don't they remember rationing during WWII?

I say it's about time. Yeah, people need to sacrifice a little to get things done. The only people I hear complaining about this are the liberals. Hopefully, Mexico will wise up.

I think this is a much better alternative to closing the border. This will hurt them more severely in ther pocket book rather than closing the border. Worse it will do to us is raise the prices a few dollars but the goods will still come. If the borders are closed, all goods stop. Yep, this is brilliant!
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Exactly Cammie. Time we kick started our own production of Strawberries avocados or what ever. Maybe give our farmers a tax break/incentive at the same time. It will wake these dummy, across the border people that we mean business.

Loving this. Liberals in austins biggest bitch is that price of Guac may rise.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields