Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: winning - Mexico tariffs

and what did not get much attention was that POTUS is now enforcing an old law to target chain migration.
    basically in order to sponsor an immigrant the sponsor signs a form that the immigrant will be self sufficient and pledging to reimburse the US gov if the immigrant becomes a "public charge".
    never been in forced until now.
    i think there are lots of things POTUS is doing in little steps to bring down immigration
    of course the wall will help but lots of things can be done piecemeal
    like making asylum seekers wait in their country of origin while their case is considered which they have started doing

We should also hold the "sponsor accountable if the immigrant breaks the law.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

We should also hold the "sponsor accountable if the immigrant breaks the law.
    agreed, but that's not in the current laws, congress would have to act
    but holding the sponsor financially liable is in the current laws, trump administration is just the first to enforce it

Government is useless!

Government is useless!
    mostly, although I would not want to go without the Armed Forces
    but I am a libertarian and believe that government should only do those things that citizens cannot band together to do for themselves

Could this "secret deal" Trump mentioned today with Mexico have something to do with the cartels???? Like in declaring them terrorist orgs???

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    and what did not get much attention was that POTUS is now enforcing an old law to target chain migration.
    basically in order to sponsor an immigrant the sponsor signs a form that the immigrant will be self sufficient and pledging to reimburse the US gov if the immigrant becomes a "public charge".
    never been in forced until now.
    i think there are lots of things POTUS is doing in little steps to bring down immigration
    of course the wall will help but lots of things can be done piecemeal
    like making asylum seekers wait in their country of origin while their case is considered which they have started doing

enforcing the existing immigration laws has always been part of The Wall strategy for cutting illegal immigration >>> most just need to be re-battled thru the courts - AGAIN - after being initially passed decades and decades and decades ago ...

more to come - watch what happens with the e-chek employment verification system - they are going to start drying up more & more of the illegal's sources of $$$$$ - no benefits & welfare along with no jobs start them going home ...

they are going to start drying up more & more of the illegal's sources of $$$$$ - no benefits & welfare along with no jobs start them going home ...
    agreed
    and it is amazing how Trump keeps finding ways to put the pressure on the illegals
    imagine what could be done with a cooperative congress
    let's hope we get one in 2020

And yet more illegals cross our border every day. Thousands and thousands every single day.
    I am waiting for some results and all I have so far is talk.
    Trump could close the border today, yet he does not.

He can't just order the border closed, and it's not for the lack of trying. Geez, give the man some breathing room! Even Rome wasn't built in a day and, they didn't face constant 24/7 oppositions from all direction!