Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Federal Jury Duty

Default Federal Jury Duty

Besides Taxation is theft, what else is there to say on the questionnaire??? Honestly has anyone done this before? What should I expect? I have to show up tomorrow at 0800. 3rd floor rm 315 in Muskogee OK. I kinda dread this. I hate lawyers, and court games... Sigh oh well.

I would love to do it at least once. I've been summons for jury due numerous times but I can't serve. Not eligible. I've got a felony from WAAAAY back in the early 80's. Long story.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

sometimes it's almost impossible to get out of serving once they get their hooks into you - my sister's elderly neighbor got summoned for an important VIP type trial - they wanted a jury with as many people outside Chicago & the county - she had transportation difficulties and a problematic diabetic >>> had a personal interview with the judge in regard to her problems - they bent over backwards to make sure she could serve ...

DO NOT TELL THEM YOU BELIEVE IN JURY NULLIFICATION!!!!!!!!!

They'll bounce you out!

I've never been on a federal jury, only county. My sister had been on one before me; she advised me to bring a book.
    She was right. Lots of waiting in a big room with chairs and coffee tables.
    Never got picked for actual jury duty.

Definitely let them know if you are the sole care giver to a person in need. Like your elderly mother or feather..or a spouce ho can't get around

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    DO NOT TELL THEM YOU BELIEVE IN JURY NULLIFICATION!!!!!!!!!

They'll bounce you out!
    Don't tell them this. Then live by it once your selected.

I've gotten several summoms for JD, but never had a chance to serve. This for county only. Federal would be even better. That is a REAL opportunity to have some say in the laws of this land. please do a quick read on Jury Nullification if your not familiar.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

I got called out for Federal duty, got into the court room for a case involving computer theft. Once the defense found out I was an engineer, I got rejected, and never called on again, LOL

I got called for federal jury duty once. Some soldiers had defrauded the government out of quite a sum of money by falsifying travel vouchers. Some had since retired, but were still arrested and put on trial. I even made it as far as the jury box. But when the judge had each prospective juror introduce themselves and tell something about themselves I didn't last very long. Once the defense learned I had been a career Air Force cop, he couldn't wait to ask the judge to remove me from being considered any further. I got called two other times for district court (County) but didn't get to serve either of those times either. One of those cases was settled out of court before it went before a jury. The other case was a criminal case. I again made it as far as the jury box. When the judge asked each prospective juror some questions about themselves, my answer to one of them revealed that I wasn't a bleeding heart, sniveling liberal. THAT got me disqualified real fast. I'm one of those who considers it a sacred civic duty to serve if given the chance.

I might would even stretch the truth a little to the left so I got to serve, depending on the case.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Did a county Grand Jury recently. Pretty neat thing. Just recently was sent a questionnaire to serve fed GJ. I think it might be pretty neat.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields