Thread: Almost dead in the water

Default Almost dead in the water

I will be leaving on Thursday or Friday of this week to try to make it to Cody. And that depends on if I get a phone call before then. I am totally in the pickle jar now and itís from my own doing. Procrastination is how I got this way and I hope to God I never repeat this mistake again.
    I didnít make it to the 60 day employee evaluation. Being overweight at 205 and at 8500 feet I lost down to 170 lbs. And the huffing and puffing is kinda subsiding and I had hoped my work performance pace had picked up but no it didnít. I am good at what I do. Was told this by the boss himself but I am not fast enough. So I have until the 30th. He asked me to stay until then. So I am repacking again and with the complications that have resulted in decisions I made from where I sit I canít move forward and canít stay. I roll my eyes at myself as I type this. The pass is still closed to Red Lodge and I am not sure what is there as far as employment and housing is concerned. I didnt like what I had to go through in Billings. Maybe itís the anxiety I get when I go through a big city I donít know but I couldnít wait to leave the place.
    One of the rotors needs to be replaced on the front of the truck and I tried to get the internet to let me order it a few days ago but we had some storms come through here which set the WiFi all wonky and slowed things down. Now the parts wonít be here till Tuesday and itís the time between now and then that puts the stress factor on the high end of the scale. Itís feeling like traveling with the horses again. I know I belong somewhere and I already got a phone call since I been here telling me my supplies anti needs to be higher and I had just started getting more groceries for soups and stews. Now I am just sos omg here cause I am at my wits end I donít know enough about the area and the type of work I do is in hospitality industry so I am back to job hunting but donít know if I will be allowed to move towards it or not you know me yes I ramble but someone will read between the lines and get it because you went through this as well. Wish me luck I know I am in the right direction

Always wishin' you luck, kiddo. You'll make it again, just as you seem to every time.

Granny, just sink your toes into the mug and keep on pushing forward. It will come a time when you will finally find your place. Some of us are just meant to suffer a bit before we find our way. You seem strong minded and willing, so never give up. Your life is right around the corner. Best wishes sweetie!
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

You know the old saying - 'It's darkest before the dawn' ? This is so often true......Just outline a solid plan (I always like to write it down..) and keep putting one foot in front of the other.......it can only get better, right ? :-)

Well I made it to Cody. Man that drive on the Chief Joseph byway was awesome. Gonna hole up in a motel for one more night and see what I can put together as far as a decent paying job and housing. I am actually at a place where they are hiring housekeepers but I havenít the energy anymore to do that I could take the position if it pays well but 40 rooms in one day even at a lower elevation geezum I had problems doing 12-15 rooms at 8500 feet above sea level. My thumbs and two fingers on each hand are still trying to heal from drying out and splitting and bleeding from the chemicals used in the laundry. Stripping and remaking beds has to be done bare handed tried it with gloves on and it just slows you down. Right now itís actually hard for me to open a bag of crackers or the wrapper on a bar of hotel soap cause I canít pinch the wrapper to pull it open. Neosporin and bandaids are my new best friends. Today I might go see Jeremiah Johnsonís grave. Had no Idea that was a true story I remember the movie but donít remember the intro or closing credits saying anything of it based on a true story. Gotta go hit the local thrift store to see about getting some smaller clothes and trade off these baggy jeans now. I missed last nights rodeo. Too danged wore out to go. Whatís new on your end