Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHAMP missiles

Default CHAMP missiles

Anyone hear about these missiles ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/909454...strikes-saudi/

Once the door is open on electronic warfare there is no closing it again.

IMHO unless we are very careful, lucky or good... an EMP is an eventual almost certainty.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Coupled with grafite bombs would put them back to the dark ages

I wish that they would have kept it a secret. The enemy will start basing their military computers in hospitals where we won't touch them.
    Last edited by macaw; 05-20-2019 at 05:30 PM.

they are air launched from the bigger haulers like the B52 - cut a swath for the smaller bombers carrying the bunker buster deep penetrators - the C & C bunkers wouldn't know what hit them - you cut off the head on a beast like North Korea and an attack would grind to a halt quikly ....

Quote Originally Posted by macaw View Post
    I wish that they would have kept it a secret. The enemy will start basing their military computers in hospitals where we won't touch them.
    Itís already too late for that.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    They have had them for several years already. They are not EMP but instead microwave - but do about the same thing. These only cover a very small area, like one building or so at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    They have had them for several years already. They are not EMP but instead microwave - but do about the same thing. These only cover a very small area, like one building or so at a time.
    these are supposedly new -maybe an upgrade in effectiveness & range over the previous - during testing they were surprised by the effectiveness - blew up the cameras and monitoring gear for the test ....

The only point of putting these things in a hospital would not help. Unless they were in the Radiology department. They have all the leaded glass and heavy cement that blocks a certain amount of radiation. Many major facilities that do chemo/radiation are underground with the heavy cement and leaded glass. The under ground gives an amount of protection. When you exceed the amount they can deflect...

Quote Originally Posted by finris View Post
    The only point of putting these things in a hospital would not help. Unless they were in the Radiology department. They have all the leaded glass and heavy cement that blocks a certain amount of radiation. Many major facilities that do chemo/radiation are underground with the heavy cement and leaded glass. The under ground gives an amount of protection. When you exceed the amount they can deflect...
    a 17,000 pounder with an armor piercing tip and delayed fuse will solve that little problem. When I was in Thailand we had a single bunker, open air, that had , IIRC, 37 of those suckers in wood crates all stacked together. I shudder to think...Ö..They dropped those out of C-130s in "the Nam" into the jungle to blast out LZs for the helicopters. I only saw those things used in film but it sure made my hair stand on end! I WOULD NOT want to be within a half mile of where one of those things detonated!!!!! And even that probably would not be NEARLY far enough away.
    Last edited by beowulf; 05-21-2019 at 08:59 PM.