Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: CHAMP missiles

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4,082

    Default CHAMP missiles

    Anyone hear about these missiles ?

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/909454...strikes-saudi/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,694

    Default

    Once the door is open on electronic warfare there is no closing it again.

    IMHO unless we are very careful, lucky or good... an EMP is an eventual almost certainty.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

  3. #3

    Default

    Coupled with grafite bombs would put them back to the dark ages

  4. #4

    Default

    I wish that they would have kept it a secret. The enemy will start basing their military computers in hospitals where we won't touch them.
    Last edited by macaw; 05-20-2019 at 05:30 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    they are air launched from the bigger haulers like the B52 - cut a swath for the smaller bombers carrying the bunker buster deep penetrators - the C & C bunkers wouldn't know what hit them - you cut off the head on a beast like North Korea and an attack would grind to a halt quikly ....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macaw View Post
    I wish that they would have kept it a secret. The enemy will start basing their military computers in hospitals where we won't touch them.
    Itís already too late for that.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    They have had them for several years already. They are not EMP but instead microwave - but do about the same thing. These only cover a very small area, like one building or so at a time.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    They have had them for several years already. They are not EMP but instead microwave - but do about the same thing. These only cover a very small area, like one building or so at a time.
    these are supposedly new -maybe an upgrade in effectiveness & range over the previous - during testing they were surprised by the effectiveness - blew up the cameras and monitoring gear for the test ....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    under the sea
    Posts
    645

    Default

    The only point of putting these things in a hospital would not help. Unless they were in the Radiology department. They have all the leaded glass and heavy cement that blocks a certain amount of radiation. Many major facilities that do chemo/radiation are underground with the heavy cement and leaded glass. The under ground gives an amount of protection. When you exceed the amount they can deflect...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finris View Post
    The only point of putting these things in a hospital would not help. Unless they were in the Radiology department. They have all the leaded glass and heavy cement that blocks a certain amount of radiation. Many major facilities that do chemo/radiation are underground with the heavy cement and leaded glass. The under ground gives an amount of protection. When you exceed the amount they can deflect...
    a 17,000 pounder with an armor piercing tip and delayed fuse will solve that little problem. When I was in Thailand we had a single bunker, open air, that had , IIRC, 37 of those suckers in wood crates all stacked together. I shudder to think...Ö..They dropped those out of C-130s in "the Nam" into the jungle to blast out LZs for the helicopters. I only saw those things used in film but it sure made my hair stand on end! I WOULD NOT want to be within a half mile of where one of those things detonated!!!!! And even that probably would not be NEARLY far enough away.
    Last edited by beowulf; 05-21-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •