Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my new EDC in the mail today!

Wow, now I could use a few of those!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I like them. They only weigh 3.5 oz without the batteries and it has a USB charger also.
    I just bought 3 more for my daughter, granddaughter and grandson to add to their EDC.

They have them on eBay for 16.00 ea, or you can buy them in bulk for even cheaper. They work well!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Baofeng-BF-...53.m1438.l2649
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I look for comfort first, then capacity, durability and stealth like or blending. I try to stay away from Camo as much as possible but go more solid earth tones.. ( OD green, or moss green, tan, grey denim wash). Those tend to melt into most surroundings without drawing attention. I don't load my packs with Mollie pouches but I do use two. One for my hand held ham radio/walkies talkie which is a micro.. I'll post a pic of it. It's sweet, very thin and light weight.....and one for my water bottle. Those are my criteria's for an ideal EDC.

Here's a pic of the ham I use. Hubs was in Brenham which is 53 miles from home and we were able to converse with no problems on these. Has a hell of a good built in antenna.

Attachment 2007

Attachment 2008
    Cammi, were you using a repeater to talk over the radio the 53 miles? I assume you were. Cool little radios
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I have no idea what that is. I'm not at all tech savvy. That's hubs department.
    What is a repeater?
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

A repeater will take the signal you transmit and retransmit it. Usually are in a elevated location, top of a tall building or somewhere. Generally run at a higher power and extend the range greatly over what a handheld will do.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Oh my! This is so much more comfortable than my other bag. My other bag is a bit bigger but doesn't have as many Mollie connects as this one does. I took it for a spin right after it got here, loaded with weights to feel the balance. It's absolutely perfect! It really forms to my body and there are so many ways I can wear it. Front, back, either side. The waist belt secures it for balance very nicely. I can hardly tell I have it on, other than a little extra weight but it distributes the weight very well and it's very well made. Dbl stitching, water proof and has it's own built in rain coat and wicking. I LOVE IT!

When I wear my other bag, I have to be careful when walking with a load because it's a backpack style which makes me have to walk leaning forward a bit. After a while, my backs hurts. This one is a shoulder style pack. Well worth the money for sure!

Attachment 2004

Attachment 2005
    Looks like the Maxpedition Noatak gearslinger bag. I've never owned a Maxpedition bag, but I'm very aware of their reputation as being top drawer equipment.

That's sweet. Putting a ham in there is an awesome idea

Yep. This one I like more than the narrower shoulder harness because it's padded and wider. A bit more pricey but well worth it. I Pd 115.00 for this one.
    Ive carried my Max bag for years. Its tough as hell and its starting to show its age. Itll go many more.

I need to get a new bag for EDC myself so I might look into getting this one. Thanks for the recommendation!

You're welcome! I love mine. So comfortable!