Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my new EDC in the mail today!

Default Got my new EDC in the mail today!

Oh my! This is so much more comfortable than my other bag. My other bag is a bit bigger but doesn't have as many Mollie connects as this one does. I took it for a spin right after it got here, loaded with weights to feel the balance. It's absolutely perfect! It really forms to my body and there are so many ways I can wear it. Front, back, either side. The waist belt secures it for balance very nicely. I can hardly tell I have it on, other than a little extra weight but it distributes the weight very well and it's very well made. Dbl stitching, water proof and has it's own built in rain coat and wicking. I LOVE IT!

When I wear my other bag, I have to be careful when walking with a load because it's a backpack style which makes me have to walk leaning forward a bit. After a while, my backs hurts. This one is a shoulder style pack. Well worth the money for sure!

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 05-14-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

^^ is that a Maxpedition bag?

Yep. This one I like more than the narrower shoulder harness because it's padded and wider. A bit more pricey but well worth it. I Pd 115.00 for this one.
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 05-14-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Nice and great review
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Man. Now I gotta get a new edc bag since you copied mine....I can't have the same bag as someone I know on the internet..

Lmao! That's ok. Mine will be unique to me and yours to you. That's the beauty of it. I've planned some art work for mine, to personalize it. I've already made and added a 2" solid steel ball monkey fist to one of my carabiner loops.

Nice
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I'officially' packed it today. Still have a few more items I need to add but for the most part, it's packed. The way I packed it and with what I need, it could actually dbl as my BOB with a few more items easy to grab on the way out. I haven't weighed it yet but it feels half the weight of my other EDC. THATS A VERY GOOD THING for me!
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 05-15-2019 at 06:56 PM.

I've been looking for something I could use as a haversack. I've seen some nice ones on the net, but the prices....SHEESH!!! There's something called a shooters bag at the local surplus store where I used to work that might serve well for just such. It has six exterior pouches, three on either side, could be used for carrying small items or things you might need immediate access to, and plenty of room on the inside for supplies for a day and/or night in the outdoors. Only costs $22.00 compared to anywhere from $70.00 to $150.00 on the net. I have small back packs I could use, but there is just something about a shoulder tote that has a certain appeal.

I look for comfort first, then capacity, durability and stealth like or blending. I try to stay away from Camo as much as possible but go more solid earth tones.. ( OD green, or moss green, tan, grey denim wash). Those tend to melt into most surroundings without drawing attention. I don't load my packs with Mollie pouches but I do use two. One for my hand held ham radio/walkies talkie which is a micro.. I'll post a pic of it. It's sweet, very thin and light weight.....and one for my water bottle. Those are my criteria's for an ideal EDC.

Here's a pic of the ham I use. Hubs was in Brenham which is 53 miles from home and we were able to converse with no problems on these. Has a hell of a good built in antenna.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 05-16-2019 at 07:55 PM.