Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump admin cracking down on illegals on public assistance.

Default Trump admin cracking down on illegals on public assistance.

The tables are turning more rapidly now. Illegals are being cut off from gov assistance, HUD, SSI, WELFARE, SNAP, ETC...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...public-housing
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Trump admin cracking down on illegals on public assistance.
    good luck with that.

I hope so... I don't know why illegals can even register to get benefits... My wife used to work for a sub company of Toyota..after fukushima Toyota basicly shut down for about 3 months. My wife tried to jump on unemployment breifly as her job was still there for her . She was denied and after 3 months of not working and not getting a dime. They approved a small bit..$16.55 is what the check was for... As the moral of the story is..if you legit need help for a little bit the gov says f-you. If you want to ride welfare wagon for life that's totally cool even if your not a citizen.

If this does go thru, the stream of illegals will slow to a trickle. It'll cut off completely at some time. Nothing for them to come here for.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    I hope so... I don't know why illegals can even register to get benefits... My wife used to work for a sub company of Toyota..after fukushima Toyota basicly shut down for about 3 months. My wife tried to jump on unemployment breifly as her job was still there for her . She was denied and after 3 months of not working and not getting a dime. They approved a small bit..$16.55 is what the check was for... As the moral of the story is..if you legit need help for a little bit the gov says f-you. If you want to ride welfare wagon for life that's totally cool even if your not a citizen.
    And if you are honest they look at you like you just killed their demigod.

I got laid off from a job many years ago the day before I was scheduled to return to work after being on short term disability. I tried to find another job in the same field but no one wants to hire you when you have a history of major foot surgeries. So I filed for unemployment and got approved, for 1/4 of what I had been making.

Just 4 months later my disability claim got approved. So I promptly reported this to the Texas Workforce Commission. This lady just looked at me with a confused look and basically told me that the Social Security Administration and the Texas Workforce Commission dont talk to each other. I.E. I could double dip and no one would be the wiser. She had a disgusted look on her face for the rest of the time I was there, like I was wasting her time.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Same as her. They kept telling her to say she was fired. When her work basicly said we're closed until Toyota Japan opens back up. She was honest and got $16. For it...like and get 85 percent of your normal pay and an ebt card..I'm glad we were honest....f them...we don't need their help.

Just saw on our local news this am that HUD has stopped giving housing assistance to anyone that can't prove they're a US citizen.......

Ohhhh yeah .... That's awesome

I think I've said it before on here. I've got a friend that worked at a branch WIC office program inSan Antonio. Employees are encouraged to basically commit fraud and it gets approved by top people in the branch, because at least the head person at a given branch gets bonus based on new participants. There is zero accountability at any level of that program, and I'd bet at any other handout office.
    Many of my employees at DQ limit hours so as to maximize benefits, WIC welfare, Food Stamps, housing. I've reported fraud to the offices and nothing ever happens, the cycle continues.

Have a cook that's been with me about 12 years. Under requirements at the time I questioned her paperwork but she had what was required and I hired her. I have no idea if she would pass scrutiny now, but she was good when I hired. She gets assistance from school lunch program for $14/month for each daughter. Do the math. Wife gave her a $1.00/hour raise. A few weeks later she comes back to wife and asks to have hours reduced because the free lunch folks told her that they were gong to take away her benefits because she made too much. It took some time to convince her that she was better off with the $150-$200/ monthly increase in pay than with the $28/month free lunch card or whatever it is.

That is the only benefit this one has. Others get free food, but are required to take it. Sometimes I'll have a stockpile of things like juice in back of store. They don't like it, so bring it up for whoever wants it, but they must take it or lose the benefit.

Also have sent them to grocery store for stuff when I run out, or for bananas. They have come back and presented wife with receipt for goods showing the they used the food stamp card and expect me to give them money in return. We will because we pay for what we use but warn them that it's a one time thing and never try it again, or we will report it. Not that the office would care or do anything about it.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

EMTALA is a horrible idea. The last time I was in OBGYN ward. 10 rooms at the state hospital in the section. 5-7 non English speakers. No insurance, no way to pay for anything. Having the anchor babies. I really hate to see people stealing from a system that I'm paying for in taxes....They also need to get rid of the born here citizen crap. You are the citizen of the country of your parents. Mama mexi/guat or what ever. So we can deport you and your whole family.